You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model match OK, livery not always OK

Antonio Palmieri

Antonio Palmieri
Posted
Posted

Hi.

First of all thank you so much for delivering Swift. I have never seen vatsim traffic so beautifully displayed in xplane - including the (in)famous vertiacl elevation at airports!

I have an issue with airline matching.

I installed the bluebell pack into the csl folder. It works. A model set is recognised by swift. When I am connected to vatsim and I go to the MODELS setting, I can see under RENDERED tab that a bluebell model is used.

The aircraft type always matches correctly.

However, in some cases, the livery does not. For example, just now a LOT is rendered as Air China. Or a NAX rendered as a SAS. Or a SWA rendered as RYR. It is only maybe a 5-10% of the traffic that does not render correctly.

How can I solve this? Adding another model set maybe?

• 1 month later...
Joseph Harp
Posted
Posted (edited)

swift's model matching is defaulted to search for airplane type first, and if there's no livery match for that specific airplane type, it'll use another, I've switched it to search for livery first, then airplane type.. To do this, you can go to Swift GUI, then go to the settings page and select the "matching" button...

then on the "Reduction" tab, check the box for "by ICAO: airline first" and also check the livery box below that, save and restart swift. May need a restart of the xplane too, but not sure.

Edited by Guest

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

On top of what Joseph has explained to you (correctly) I also suggest downloading, installing X-CSL. You can have that parallel to BlueBell and possibly you'll have the missing combinations of aircraft+liveries: https://csl.x-air.ru/?lang_id=43

After you have created the new model-set (speak up if you need help with this), you can also tell swift to prefer BB-models over XCSL. For this you'll need to run swift's Mapping Editor (swiftdata): https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/smt/distributorprefs/

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Before running the X-CSL updater it would appear that I have to install the IVAO 4.0 plug in even though I am using Vatsim? And if so would you mind expanding on the procedure to run both X-CSL and BB is parallel? FYI I currently have my BB CSL folder in Custom Data and Swift recognises all my CSL aircraft. Thankyou. Dan

PS: It also appears that I have to join IVAO to download the plugin???

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel,

when I use v1.2.0 of te X-CSL Updater I just ignored those warnings and carried on. If you are unable to install, try creating the required subfolders: X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL . That's where the Updater will look for and/or place the XCSL-models, be it for an installation or for an update.

EDIT: I just tested it and it worked. I moved all my XCSL-models into X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL and ran the X-CSL Updater. After providing it with the information about the X-Plane 11.exe file I clicked on "Index" and it compared my existing X-CSLs with the database. I then updated them through the program, moved them back to the location I want them to be at (Custom Data), ran swiftDATA and updated swift's model set.

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

I suppose that you run Windows on your PC? If so, you can easily install X-CSL models with the program from the following link/website:

https://csl.x-air.ru/download/src/361

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I think he was going to or trying to do this already, but was in doubt whether it would require him having X-IvAp being installed. Which is not the case, you don't need it.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks guys I have now followed instructions and successfully "updated". Now I just have to figure out the steps required to run XCSL and BB CSL in parallel?????Perhaps you would be so kind as to advise?

Cheers Dan

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted (edited)

To see all the models you've downloaded, you have to create a model set. There is written step-by-step guide on the developer website. Simply follow the instructions and you'll be able to enjoy the beauty of vivid airports:

https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/swiftgeneral/modelsandmodelset/createms/

Edited by Guest

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, please try it exactly as described in the link that Tim has provided. In the swift Mapping Tool ("swiftDATA") you may want to first select the tab "Model Set X-Plane", select ALL aircraft (CTRL-A) and then remove them (DEL), because you will have a clean sheet this way. Only then change to the next tab called "Own Models X-Plane" and start adding the models that you want to use. The basic thing that you need to understand is that Own Models X-Plane contains all planes that the swift Mapping Tool has found somewhere inside your X-Plane folder. Model Set X-Plane, on the other hand, lists all aircraft that swift will be able to display inside the SIM. So, whatever you add to this list will be available for matching and rendering. "Excluded Models" (red X) are automatically excluded, because we do not want to render them - they are too complex and will affect your SIM performance. In the end, on the tab Model Set X-Plane you will have to save your new model set: on the bottom right you'll find a blue button called "save for XPlane".

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Hi Anders, everything appears to have worked. I actually went into the Swift Config Icon and directed the program to the BB CSL folder and also the XCSL folder that I created and it appears to have worked. On a side note do you know anything about the xsb_aircraft.txt file that is in all individual CSL folders? The Log.Txt file refers to P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] (??) errors in the CSL files.

I know this is not directly related to model matching and Swift but perhaps you may be able to advise?? Below is just a sample as there are numerous warnings in the log.txt file like this. Cheers Dan

XSB WARNING: P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error in file F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\XSquawkBox\64\..\Resources\CSL/BB_Airbus/xsb_aircraft.txt line 5.

VERT_OFFSET 4.6.

XSB WARNING: P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error in file F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\XSquawkBox\64\..\Resources\CSL/BB_Airbus/xsb_aircraft.txt line 10.

VERT_OFFSET 4.6.

PS: I do not know how to attach a file in the post?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

You cannot attach files to this forum here. But you could join us on our Discord server (details here: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/contact/ ), where you can also just upload your log-files.

As for your question: I am not sure whether I have seen exactly these error messages before. Normally the Vertical Offset works. Did you install the Vertical Offset after you had installed all the BB-models? This is very important. You can just try to extract the Vertical Offset zip-file one more time and overwrite all the xsb_aircraft.txt files.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all your fast responses mate, much appreciated. Cheers Dan