You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-plane 11 crashes after connecting to Vatsim via XsquakBox

Yuval Glikman 1437950

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

I installed the CSL packs to my XsquakBox - Resources - CSL folder because the other aircraft were disappearing and reappearing and weren't showing the right livery.

So I opened X-plane 11 and tried to connect to Vatsim, and When I hit the connect button it showed me a few purple m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ages and then X-plane 11 Crashed.

when I went to the log.txt in the X-plane 11 folder I saw that XsquakBox crashed the game.

What should I do???

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

I can show you a picture of my XsquakBox - Resources - CSL but I have no idea how can I attach a screenshot.

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

OK Il'l try.

Thank's!!

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

I tried installing the CSL packs to my XsquakBox CSL folder then I extracted then to the same folder and launched X-plane 11.

I loaded up a flight and tried connecting to vatsim via the XsquakBox plugin but again X-plane 11 crashed.

Can someone please please help me??

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Ok listen I just updated my XsquakBox and now I see all the other aircraft perfectrly!!!!!!

• 4 months later...
Jorg Hermann 810445
Posted
Posted

Hello Chris,

running X-Plane 11.36r2 aka10.36 stable on a mac Pro with macOS 10.13.6.

Removed existing Xsquawkbox 1.3.3 and installed hotfix1.

Testing with X-Plane 737, XLua and XSquawkbox are the only active plugins.

Key bindings done, text box shows expiry date.

Entering Audio Settings, X-Planes crashes upon selection of the Core Audio API.

Ignoring not having finalized the Audio Settings I tried to connect to the network: Again a crash.

The same applies if I use X-Plane 11.40r2.

Should I tweak other settings, do you want the core dump?

Best regards,

Jörg

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Entering Audio Settings, X-Planes crashes upon selection of the Core Audio API.

First up, please don't commit thread necromancy - it confuses your issue with somebody else's.

Secondly, this is too complex to deal with in the forum - there is a bug submission form on the XSB website for precisely this sort of issue. Please use it. Without the logs, I have no way of knowing what's going on. If you can submit the macos crash report, that might also help.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.