You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

My first logon to the network.

Bob Woolley 999205

Bob Woolley 999205
Posted
Posted

Hamburg to watch the action. I picked a spot on the general aviation apron where I thought I would be out of the way. When I looked around there was another 172 almost in the same spot.

So, I taxied a few hundred feet away and that worked out ok. However, I didn't set the parking brake and creeped across the gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts] to an active taxiway. You guessed it, I blocked a plane trying to taxi.

About then, ATC tried to contact me and my mic was inoperable so I just disconnected.

Reconnected after repositioning on the apron and watched the last couple planes land.

Sorry to the airline that had to wait. I need to see why my mic was not working.

The event looked like it was a big success.

Bob

Bob

KVGT

Jan Wolf 1314863
Posted
Posted

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post - as the active TWR controller at the time I would just like to re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you it's not a problem at all and I'm glad you came to listen in to our event!

Mishaps like that happen and since the event was already fading out at that point, you actually didn't even block too much traffic - luckily, in Hamburg there is more than one way to reach your gate

I hope to see you around in Hamburg some time soon - we are all friendly people and we would be glad to have you over for some further listen-in sessions or even your first online flight!

Best regards and enjoy your first steps on Vatsim!

Jan

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post - as the active TWR controller at the time I would just like to re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you it's not a problem at all and I'm glad you came to listen in to our event!

Mishaps like that happen and since the event was already fading out at that point, you actually didn't even block too much traffic - luckily, in Hamburg there is more than one way to reach your gate

I hope to see you around in Hamburg some time soon - we are all friendly people and we would be glad to have you over for some further listen-in sessions or even your first online flight!

Best regards and enjoy your first steps on Vatsim!

Jan

Just popped into this thread to tell Jan that was a very nice and very professional response. Well done sir.

Eric