You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

IPBoard VATSIM SSO Logout Issue

Henrik Sonstebo

Henrik Sonstebo
Posted
Posted

Hi,

In VATSIM Scandinavia we have an issue with the VATSIM SSO on our IPBoard Forums. We have the latest SSO version. Login to the forums via the SSO works, but if the user creates a new session (ie closes their browser and opens a new browser instance to go to our forums), they have to log in again. This isn't a critical issue, but it definitely is an annoying issue for our users.

Does anyone have any ideas for what this may be?

Henrik Sonstebo

ACCSCA14

Web Services [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant

VATSIM Scandinavia

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

Login cookies that keep the user authenticated are set as session cookies, meaning when the browser is closed (browsing session ended), the cookie is deleted. I've done a little digging, but that seems to be the way IPB does it - and not something configurable within IPB.

The only thing I can think of is if you were to use a local php.ini config to change the session cookie time limits.

I might be wrong, and someone might have another idea...

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Daniel Lange
Posted
Posted
Login cookies that keep the user authenticated are set as session cookies, meaning when the browser is closed (browsing session ended), the cookie is deleted. I've done a little digging, but that seems to be the way IPB does it - and not something configurable within IPB.

The only thing I can think of is if you were to use a local php.ini config to change the session cookie time limits.

I might be wrong, and someone might have another idea...

Interesting thought, however this issue only seem to happen if you use the VATSIM SSO. If you login with username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, you don't get logged out like that.

Daniel Lange

Web Services Director
Vatsim Scandinavia

[email protected]

• 2 months later...
Anastasios Mpithas
Posted
Posted

Same problem over here at HvACC. While the normal E-Mail form has a remember-me checkbox, and sets the appropriate cookies (login_key, member_id) with a 3Month duration, the VATSIM SSO doesn't put the login_key cookie at all, and member_id is only kept for each users session.

There is most probably a code change required, if anyone has done it, let us know how!

Anastasios Mpithas

Hellenic vACC member

C1/P1-2-3-4

Anastasios Mpithas
Posted
Posted

Fix found, after some analysis:

On Vatsim.php

Under the function authenticate, replace

$ssoReturn = \IPS\Http\Url::internal("index.php?/login&loginProcess=vatsim&return=true", "none");

with:

$ssoReturn = \IPS\Http\Url::internal("index.php?/login&loginProcess=vatsim&remember_me=1&return=true", "none");

Anastasios Mpithas

Hellenic vACC member

C1/P1-2-3-4

Henrik Sonstebo
Posted
Posted

That seems to have fixed it, after initial analysis. Thanks, we owe you a beer

Henrik Sonstebo

ACCSCA14

Web Services [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant

VATSIM Scandinavia