You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The ATP Experience, Saturday, August 5th, 5pm EDT

Joe Caban 844086

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

The ATP Experience will be hosting our much respected Flight Night Saturday, August 5th beginning at 2100Z (5pm EDT). This event covers the entire South Eastern USA from New orleans to Indianapolis across to New York (LGA) and down to Miami. During past events, we have flown in excess of 30 flights within 4 hours from our hub in ATLANTA to 18 destinations. This is 1/3 of Atlanta's average daily operations. Other VA's and controllers are welcome to attend. Visit our website and Forums for more info at www.atpexperience.net

main_AD07.jpg

Regards,

JX

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Interesing slogan... I can't resist...

"Nothing virtual about it. Except...the aircraft, the logo, the name, flight operations, pilots, and dispatchers."

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted
Interesing slogan... I can't resist...

"Nothing virtual about it. Except...the aircraft, the logo, the name, flight operations, pilots, and dispatchers."

Don't forget the controllers.

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Now now Nick my friend, I understand that your are a competitor but I would never try to bash your airline for the hell of it. Doing so accomplishes nothing. And you are correct, the Flight Sim and VATSIM are virtual, but the flight operations are real. The pilots and dispatchers are real people who are using real skill to fly realtime coordinated schedules, under real pressure to perform, and with a very real desire to be the best. My workload for the past month has required 40 hours of REAL work per week, coordinating, and planning and my staff the same. I'm not saying that we are a real airline... What I am saying is like it or not...we are not like any other airline...just log in and fly. We are an experience, and that experience is real to every one of our pilots.

Every pilot who has ever flown with us has personally said to me, "I'm never going back to the way I used to fly." Maybe that'll be my new slogan.

Joe Caban

CEO and Pilot

The ATP Experience

www.atpexperience.net

Regards,

JX

Posted
Posted

One word: joke.

Now, two words: loosen up.

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

This post is a good example of why VA's are ridiculous. Do you all understand that these aren't real airlines, and you aren't making any real money? How are you two competitors?

-Joe, you're a nice person, but you obsessing and advertising your VA everywhere/time you get a chance is really annoying.

Evan Dunn 937557
Posted
Posted (edited)

Scott how can you say VAs are rediculous when you run your own?

Of course they understand they aren't real airlines making real money. They are not incompetent.

The VA competition is in the activity and popularity of the VA, in my opinion.

Looking forward to the Flight Night, Joe.

Edited by Guest
937557.jpg

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

What you call obsessive I call focused. There are people who love our idea. There are more people who haven't heard about us who would love our idea. A year ago I would've loved to come across something like this. Now I have invested countless hours of my time and some of my money to provide the opportunity for others in the same way that VATSIM's founders did, VATUSA's founders did, every ARTCC and all the VAs did, and you did for you mountain flying club & citrus VA idea.

Speaking of that how is www.citrusva.com doing?

or is it www.vtde.net?

********* I post for people who want to read the information. If you don't want to read it don't click view post. If you have only negative things to say then don't click Reply to Topic. ************

Regards,

JX

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted (edited)
Scott how can you say VAs are rediculous when you run your own?

Of course they understand they aren't real airlines making real money. They are not incompetent.

The VA competition is in the activity and popularity of the VA, in my opinion.

I used to run my own VA, and then I got tired of it. Now I'm just waiting for the domain to expire.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys do realize that this stuff isn't real. They all become so involved in it that they spend all of their spare time flying or working on their VA's.

Joe, how am I not suppose to see the stuff if you post it in the VATUSA forum, the events forum, and the Pilots forum?

Edited by Guest

Evan Dunn 937557
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I wonder if these guys do realize that this stuff isn't real. They all become so involved in it that they spend all of their spare time flying or working on their VA's.

More power to them then. If they enjoy it then let them do it! They are letting other people enjoy their hobby of FS more and that is excellent too.

937557.jpg

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

More power to them then. If they enjoy it then let them do it! They are letting other people enjoy their hobby of FS more and that is excellent too.

Evan, there is a big difference between a hobby, and an obsession.

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
How are you two competitors?

Only reason I could think why the 'CEO' of a VA would post a negative comment in every post I make, when the comment has absolutely nothing to do with the post. I see countless posts by this guy and I have never had anything negative or degrading to say to him or his airline. He has made four comments directed at me in 3 posts now. Why? Must be a competitor issue. I will drown ATA if he continues to work against me. If he wants to work with me like everyone else...we can throw events and have all kinds of fun, because like you said, this is a hobby.

Regards,

JX

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Don't make me post the email where you were mad at me because i wasn't starting AIRTRAN VA... You seemed a bit obsessed in how you would not help any idea but AIRTRAN VA.

My Pilots appreciate everything I do for them and I appreciate them. I own my own business for a living and Flight Sim is how I get away from the ruckus. My staff is my family and friends when I want to get aaway from my family and friends. Maybe when you reach the age of manhood and responsibility you will understand better where I am coming from.

P.S. The guy who plays NBA Live until he wins the championship ring is now obsessive because the ring isn't real. LOL!

Regards,

JX

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
How are you two competitors?

Only reason I could think why the 'CEO' of a VA would post a negative comment in every post I make, when the comment has absolutely nothing to do with the post. I see countless posts by this guy and I have never had anything negative or degrading to say to him or his airline. He has made four comments directed at me in 3 posts now. Why? Must be a competitor issue. I will drown ATA if he continues to work against me. If he wants to work with me like everyone else...we can throw events and have all kinds of fun, because like you said, this is a hobby.

So basically what you're saying is that if all the other VA's don't want to work with you and follow in your path, you'll "drown them"? How did you come to the conclusion that "everyone" else wants to work with you?

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

I swear I can't do anything on VATUSA FORUM without people pursuing problems. Not addressing anymore nonsense.

Regards,

JX

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

Don't make me post the email where you were mad at me because i wasn't starting AIRTRAN VA... You seemed a bit obsessed in how you would not help any idea but AIRTRAN VA.

My Pilots appreciate everything I do for them and I appreciate them. I own my own business for a living and Flight Sim is how I get away from the ruckus. My staff is my family and friends when I want to get aaway from my family and friends. Maybe when you reach the age of manhood and responsibility you will understand better where I am coming from.

P.S. The guy who plays NBA Live until he wins the championship ring is now obsessive because the ring isn't real. LOL!

Joe, you're going to threaten me now too? I really could care less if you want to post emails that I sent to you. In that email I told you I wanted to start an Airtran va, you wanted to go in a different direction. It's as simple as that. If you're so insecure about the issue that you feel you need to start threatening me, and posting private emails, than be my guest.

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
Not addressing anymore nonsense.

Regards,

JX

Posted
Posted

*Post removed by myself, only going to keep this going further*

Sorry Joe for the comment. It was a joke, I was kidding, and I can't make that any clearer. Just lighten up a bit, not everyone is out to get you.

Jeffery Williams 849847
Posted
Posted

Behave children.

Troy Autry
Posted
Posted
Behave children.

yea what jeff said

Troy Autry

vZDV-C1/M

1504.png

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
Behave children.

can people mind their business and leave me alone?

Regards,

JX

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

*Post removed by myself, only going to keep this going further*

Sorry Joe for the comment. It was a joke, I was kidding, and I can't make that any clearer. Just lighten up a bit, not everyone is out to get you.

ok

Regards,

JX

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Before I read this thread I was going to start my own VA as soon as FSX is released. Now I am not so sure anymore...

Was going to call it "Safari Air" and we would fly hunters down to Africa to shoot big game. Yes, the giraffes and zebras would be outfitted with GPS locators so controllers could vector pilots to their game of choice. No, we would not use bullets but rather "virtual" paint-guns.

People who are not into hunting could be using camera's instead of guns. Then, one month's screen-shot theme could be "Big Game areal photography". We could do this at night and really go for the "deer-in-the-headlight" shot.

In proof-reading this post, it all sounds rather silly, but so is the thread. I guess it fits....

I'll stick to General Aviation

N405HT

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Regards,

JX

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry, I can't leave this alone.That being said...

WHY KEEP POSTING? Just don't post if you don't want to, it's a pretty simple idea.