You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

wx deviations

Dan Everette

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

With the summer season and wx build up going on here (especially in the the mid/east US), want to drop a thank you to the controllers that are having to deal with it. It's been awhile since I've controlled, so I don't know if there is currently a wx overlay option in current clients. But I've had controllers doing their best to provide some solid information.

The number of wx radar gauges and wx clients which support them increasing... the ability to tactically navigate around buildup (with what you see on radar exactly matching visually in the sim) is increasing. With that, the number of requests I've heard (some by me) for deviations has obviously increased as well.

ATC has accommodated those and rolled with the punches. I've experienced an increase of SIGMETS being relayed and an increase in ATC relaying wx related deviations to following traffic. It's a great experience and ATC has generally been doing an awesome job integrating RW wx issues into their traffic flows.

Thank you for bringing things to the next level.

Note: Sometimes I get upset at my pax, so if I decide to fly right through what I'm painting as magenta... there's a reason

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

Sadly, there's not a live weather/NEXRAD overlay in any of the radar clients as yet.

We had a reasonably healthy discussion going about weather here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72052

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png