You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

voice problem on vpilot

Antony Hunt 1458235

Antony Hunt 1458235
Posted
Posted

I have installed vpilot and tested my headset and it appears calibrated but when on fsx will not transmit or recieve, just get a short buzz, any suggestions

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

1) there's a vPilot forum.

2) are you sure you're tuned to an active ATC frequency (i.e. where there's an online VATSIM Air Traffic Controller) when this happens? If not, the short buzz is the correct behavior.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Antony Hunt 1458235
Posted
Posted

Yes, I did fly earlier but was only able to text the controller, nil voice send or receive, just the buzz.

Antony Hunt 1458235
Posted
Posted

Whoops seems to work now after I went to com 1 instead of two. feel a bit daft now, thanks for the help.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hey, good to know you got it sorted!

For future, if you run into a technical problem, it's good to provide a lot more information about what led up to the situation you perceived as a failure. Info on where you were, what controller was on, whether others were able to talk to them, etcetera -- all helpful. Obviously vPilot is a program that is used successfully by hundreds if not thousands of people per day, so, any problem is going to be a niche case where some troubleshooting information will be needed to figure out what went wrong for you.

Also -- should you encounter any further issue with it, post it in the vPilot forum. The software's author monitors it himself and responds regularly.

Welcome to the network -- hope it's all smooth air from here!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Antony Hunt 1458235
Posted
Posted

Thanks will do