You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA contollers online during the daytime

Alex Taft 963261

Alex Taft 963261
Posted
Posted

I'm retired and am interested if any controllers are online during daytime on a regular basis. My evenings are often taken and I have free time during the day.

Ethan Klapper 884347
Posted
Posted

I know there are some "old timers" who control on weekend mornings throughout VATUSA...in particular ZAU and ZLA come to mind.

...and you can usually catch ZAB on all the time in their pursuit for the Iron Mic!

Ethan Klapper

VATUSA13

VATUSA Deputy Events Director

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Alex, the good thing about VATSIM, is you can control, anytime you have time, and during the day is nice, because it's not as busy ATC and traffic Wise. Nice to see another interested person looking at the scope.

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

If I read it correctly, he's asking because he wants to fly with ATC. He's not asking because he wants to be an ATC.

At least that is how I read it.

Alex, it can be hit or miss. I work nights, and when I can talk myself into it, I'll open LA Center during the AM hours (PT). I have not done that much lately, and I'm not sure when I'll start doing it again regularly. Just get ServInfo and keep an eye out. You might try some European flying too. I just did a week's worth of flying in and around Frankfurt and Zurich, as ATC often comes online starting at about 1700-1800Z, which works out to 0900-1000 local time for me.

I'm now flying back to the States from Zurich, and I had a great time, ATC was awesome!

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Nick Comber 959257
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you'll catch me online during your daytime, as I live in England, yet I'm in VATUSA, so your daytime is my evening.

signature_nick_comber.jpg

Elliot Lezam 895373
Posted
Posted

Vatusa is usually empty early in morning, but you should try the uk... theyre usualy packed with ctr

James Brickell 852953
Posted
Posted

Hey Nick, I was wondering how I scored daytime ATC the other day..thanks for the great service!

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

I'm usually controlling CLE_64_CTR in the early morning and the daytime.

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Nick Comber 959257
Posted
Posted
Hey Nick, I was wondering how I scored daytime ATC the other day..thanks for the great service!

You're very welcome!

signature_nick_comber.jpg

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

You will see more controllers online during the daytime hours this time of year. Due to the fact that school is out, but come this school year. I'm sure the hours will drop a bit for daytime atc.