You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Am new and would love to fly in the middle east

Nashir Syed 975972

Nashir Syed 975972
Posted
Posted

As the topic Subject says, i would love to fly in the middle is( OTBD, Doha) mainly but because im new i dont have a clue what the procedures are, rite now i am a memebr of vatsim, but using there squakbox, i found only europian and american servers, no middle easterner servers, and niether did i find any middle eastern ATC at there airports...please help me on what i should do, thank you in advance

Anas Toumi 922910
Posted
Posted

Hello Nashir ,

Sorry but there isn't any Middle Eastern server at the moment.

OTBD ( Doha , Qatar ) is part of VATBAH since it is covered by OBBB_CTR (Bahrain FIR).

Middle East ATC is a bit rare these days because of summer vacation but usually I man it , well (sometimes):D

If you have further questions , please don't hesitate to post back.

Kind Regards,

Anas Toumi

Nashir Syed 975972
Posted
Posted

Thank u very much anas,

so i was wondering, if i log on on vatsim on server europe CE, will i be able to see the ATC at bahrain, because all the servers are mainly in europe and america, and as i am new to VATSIM, i am kind of confused. Say if i am on Europe CE server, would i see planes that are in the other servers, and contact ATC on the other servers, and as for the VATBAH thing, there is a server for Bahrain, what did u mean by that, thank you for taking your time and posting a reply, i really appreciate it

Anas Toumi 922910
Posted
Posted

Hello Nashir ,

No problem, It's my pleasure.

The servers that you see are not for region use but instead they are world-wide so it dosent matter if you connect to US , EU or UK ...

So everything is published on all servers.

About VATBAH , I didn't say that there is a server , all I said was that the Qatar region is manned by VATBAH it means perssonal who wants to CONTROL in Qatar need to be part of VATBAH.

Kind Regards,

Anas

Nashir Syed 975972
Posted
Posted

hi Anas,

Your explaination made a lot of things clear for me, i suppose i sall look forward to flying with VATBAH some day,

Thank you very much, and i vrey much hope to fly soon with fellow middle eastern pilots. Once again thanks a lot Anas,

Nash

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Since I'v been starting to fly using the amazing freeware Project Tupolev Tu154, I'v started looking at flying in this region more. Noticed Tehran CTR online a few days ago...

are there any charts for such regions? I am comfortable flying in new places in my LDS767 and PMDG 737, but the Tupolev isn't as easy to fly accuratley without a very clear idea of where Im going and what routes to fly since everything is manual, instead of inserting whole STAR's into an FMC with 2 clicks

Anyone know what routes Tu154's operate in the region also? I'v been noticing Tu154's on Google Earth in airports all over Iran, Pakistan, Kakhistan, Armenia and similar...

do any airlines running Tupolevs fly into, or over, mumbai centre area, since that has been up latley too.

Ah well, I suppose I can continue to look through airline schedules, google earth and similar for routes, but the Charts are too difficult to go without, Being rather new to the Tu154, I really do get workload saturated on that thing on occasion and waiting till the last minute to tune navaids would surely be a bad thing.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Hello Trent;

Teheran Center has been up and running in the past days and It's amazing to see it open and it's a wonderful place. The Tupolev Tu154 does fly to Armenia (Aeroflot Russian Airlines) Rostov - Yerevan.

Zagros Airlines also goes to OIII with the Tupolev Tu154.

Does are the routes I know of, hope it helps!

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Thank you Alexandre, I'll have a look at some flightplans between there so next time I see Tehran online I can be confident with a flight into the region.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015