You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift keeps crashing

Pete Wise

Pete Wise
Posted
Posted

I keep getting an error that crashes Swift, I have tried to reinstall the program, I have cleared out the cashe, and a bunch of other things that totally removes the program from my computer and then reinstalling it, however I keep getting this error:

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ert failure in qlist::at: "index out of range", file C:\Qt\5.12.3\msvc 2017_64\include\QtCore/qlist.h, line 544

It only gives me the option to click "OK" and then swift crashes, can someone please help with this. Thanks.

Pete Wise
Posted
Posted

Ok, if it is a known issue, is there any suggestion until it is fixed? Should I go back to vPilot until you guys figure it out?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The swift team is really awesome, they have already released a hot-fix. Please make sure you read through all the instructions before installing: https://dev.swift-project.org/phame/post/view/16/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ert_crash/

Pete Wise
Posted
Posted

sweet, thanks

• 1 month later...
Christopher Ferguson
Posted
Posted

just downloaded the new version "1115" and unfortunately I'm still getting the same error except mine says "Line 548" instead of Line 544.

Chris Ferguson

0.png

hermann lehmann
Posted
Posted

Since today this error message comes!

36649102ai.jpg

swiftinstaller-windows-64-0.9.1.907281115.exe

xswiftbus-allos-0.9.1.907281115.7z

XP 11.35r1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Comment on Discord:

from lead developer - We are investigating the sudden new [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ert/crash. It looks like there is a user with an invalid character in their ICAO aircraft code somewhere on VATSIM and this is screwing up swift's logging mechanism. We will be working on a fix as quickly as possible. Depending on how fast we are able, the user may have already logged out before then. Please hold on. Thanks all.

hermann lehmann
Posted
Posted

Thank you, that's it.

Now there is no error message