You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Modify X-Plane flight plan (.fms) into Swift (.json)??

Daniel Mckee

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Query is in the topic name. Have put it in topic name to make it easier for Search function to locate.

Cheers Dan

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

I want to open a .fms saved plan and load it in Swift so I can then send plan to ATC.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ok...all you need to do is copy-paste the routing, there's not much more to be read and loaded into a flightplan than maybe the level and planned true airspeed/mach number. But you can still make the suggestion, sure. If it is not too much work, the team will probably implement it.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Thanks mate. So if I understand the answer is No, one cannot modify a .fms to a .json. So we have to manually type in the departure and destination airports and all the other flight details into Swift and then copy/paste the route. Maybe at next update perhaps this issue could be looked at as to my knowledge (which I admit is sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] on the subject) there are not many flightplan programmes using .json. Anyway thankyou for your guidance. Cheers Dan