You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VAT-Spy

Daniel Mckee

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Just installed this old program. All I use it for is to see who is on-line and where. Along the 2nd line from the top we see Map, Controllers,Flights, Country Details - USA etc etc.

Now I know that I can go anywhere by just putting an airport ICAO in the "Go" section however in the Country Tab it still always shows "USA" no matter where I am???? Also there is the tab to the right of "Go" which would appear to be for a country but in fact appears to be inoperative???

Maybe someone could clarify for me. Thanks Dan

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross, still does not explain the "USA" factor?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Putting an airport code into the jump box just brings up that airport's details. It does not change anything on the country details tab. If you want to look at a different country's details, put the country code in the jump box, as mentioned in the docs.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Still does not clarify why "USA' and "KZBW" are "fixed in the headings?? I put YMML in the ICAO tab and it then shows the current situation at that airport. However, the headings remain unchanged.

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J3nfsZO8FYcG9XFZ675rNJHhMZQ1UMag/view?usp=sharing][/img]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J3nfsZO8FYcG9XFZ675rNJHhMZQ1UMag/view?usp=sharing

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Try putting in LTAA or EV and it will change. The tabs are working independently of each other.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Putting an airport code into the jump box only changes the airport details tab. It does not affect the other tabs. If you want to see the details for a different country, but in that country's two letter prefix. If you want to see the details for a different FIR, put in that FIR's code.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Sorry to press the issue bit I am obviously a bit thick. Let me say it another way. The words "USA" and "KZBW" in the tab headings cannot be change even where one puts a specific ICAO or country code in the other tabs because they are part of the title of the tabs. If I am incorrect I would like to see a screenie of the Vatspy page where say YMML or YSSY (or any airport/country other than USA) have been selected.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Put "YM" into the jump box and double click on Australia in the dropdown that appears. This will load Australia into the Country Details tab.

Then put "YSNO" into the jump box, and double click on the YSNO FIR entry in the dropdown that appears. This will load the Melbourne FIR details into the FIR/ARTCC details tab.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Ah Ha!!!Yes works. Told you I was a bit thick!!!!Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks Dan

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Not a problem ... the interface can be confusing. I wrote it many years ago and would do it quite differently today.

• 2 years later...
David Howell
Posted
Posted

Where can one find a list of Country Codes that work with VatSpy?  Thx.

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, David Howell said:

Where can one find a list of Country Codes that work with VatSpy?  Thx.

What do you mean by "country codes"? Pretty much all VATSpy data is manged at https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/vatspy-data-project