You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hyphen in procedure's name

Chris Zhang 1424615

Chris Zhang 1424615
Posted
Posted

As almost all procedures in China are named in 'XXX-YYA' or 'XXX-YYD' format, the client cannot function properly for the procedures. In addition, the lists and tags will only show the first matched procedure among the list, no matter what you manually select. I wonder whether Euroscope treats hyphen '-' as separator instead of normal char in route.

For example, we have STARs 'BIRGO-01A' and 'BIGRO-91A' for runway 09. The client automatically chooses 'BIGRO-01A' since it is the first matched procedure. Then, when I want to change the procedure to 91A, it is possible to find 'BIGRO-91A' in the procedure list, and the route in flight plan also changes to 'BIGRO BIGRO-91A/09', but in all the lists and tags it still shows 01A.

• 1 month later...
Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

I believe your second paragraph relates to something I noticed in another thread, STAR Selection Logic.

I didn't receive a reply from Gergely there - I'll drop him an email pointing to these two threads now.

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim