You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using xsquawkbox. Unable to get any metar since 3 days ago

Jan Naslund

Jan Naslund
Posted
Posted

Hi,

3 days ago we had some bad weather where i live and the internet was knocked out for the day. Luckily enough i could use my mobile as a hotspot so we could reach the internet and i could logon to Vatsim. I use xplane11, Active Sky XP and Xsquawkbox.

This meant that i was using another IP address than i normally use.

After a few hours, the internet was restored so i logged out from Vatsim and then logged in again. Now when i started xplane i see a messagee about something that the IP address not found on this NIC os something to that effect. Can't check now as i am in the middle of a flight.

Active Sky also complains about the IP address (Have to add exact message latesr.

This is not such a bit problem but i can't get any METAR's on Vatsim anymore. What ever i try. Whichever server, whichever command (.wx or .metar) i try i just get "No weather for ICAO" where ICAO is the ICAO denominator of the airport.

Has anyone had a similar experience and can suggest what i can try to get this fixed?

Best Regards / Jan

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I am gonna risk my cards with saying that you're connected to the Germany server. Connect to another one, this one is having issues with the METARs.

Me.

Jan Naslund
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Yes! Was using the Germany server. When the problems started a few days ago I switched to the UK server but had the same problem there too. Tried now again with the UK server and now it works.

Thanks for the help. Excellent!