You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection error

Ahmet Efe YILDIRIM 1004720

Posted
Posted

Hello from Turkey

I've been having a connection problem for the last few days. This problem appeared without any update or any change. When I want to connect to any VATSIM server,

I get the error "[ERROR] Connection refused". Tried on different servers several times, the result is the same (UK1, USA-W etc) Also, I checked Firewall and Antivirus program setting

Is it a general problem?

Thank in advance

Regards

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
the result is the same (UK1, USA-W etc)

Some of the servers have been changed.

Currently they show as:

!SERVERS:

CANADA:165.22.239.218:Toronto, Canada:CANADA:1:

GERMANY:167.71.49.142:Frankfurt, Germany:GERMANY:1:

AUSTRALIA:180.200.247.40:Australia:OCEANIA:1:

SINGAPORE:68.183.185.148:Singapore:SINGAPORE:1:

UK:167.71.136.59:London, UK:UK:1:

USA-EAST:134.209.67.219:New York, USA:USA-EAST:1:

USA-WEST:165.22.163.56:San Francisco, USA:USA-WEST:1:

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Posted
Posted

Hello Norman thanks for the quick reply

Am I fill these servers information manually into the Squawkbox? Or just server names changed?

Is there something I need to do manually? I am not sure.

Thanks

Regards

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

From what I recall you can simply type in the IP in the connection box.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Posted
Posted

Hi again

OK. I'll try it at the first opportunity. Thanks for helps

Regards

Posted
Posted

Hello again

This problem was SOLVED with Norman's help. Thanks Norman

Canada server IP is working and I'm flying again

Regards

Ryan Proctor
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help.

I am running FS9 with SB4 and thanks to the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance here I was able to turn a slight panic into a good vibe.

I am curious, on a posted NOTAM it mentioned that SB will be getting the axe. I am way too invested for FS9 and I have seen mentioned that the network really does not want to support software that is ancient so how much out of luck am I?

I have done all of my time on FS9 and do not want a forced exit after nearly 14 years on the network.

30.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You'll need to switch to the swift client.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

No way!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
No way!

I was responding to Ryan Proctor.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ryan Proctor
Posted
Posted
You'll need to switch to the swift client.

Will give that a whirl, thanks!

30.png

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

From what i see ,swift client will not operate on Windows XP. Please tell me that it is not true.

nebojsa

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

The question is why would you still use Windows XP? I'm not criticising or questioning anybody's decisions, but just want to make clear that it reached its EOL a very long time ago and now only poses a security risk for yourself, as it has no more security updates to keep it up to date.

Edited by Guest

Me.

David Franklin
Posted
Posted

I just ran into this issue today. Luckily, the server down under hasn't changed as someone told me. It seems there's a .dll file for VATSIM in the SB files. Could that be changed there to change the IP? I didn't see an option to just change the IP like you can input your number.

David Franklin NBL4638G

Americas HUB - KDFW Dallas/Ft. Worth 

NobleSignature.jpg

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Sorry Nestor,but my pc runs sooooo good on XP . I am aware that the support for it has stopped and that i have opened my self to potential problems. I am living with that possibility.

I have read over the years how some people are having issues installing FS9/X in other windows ,and it scares me.That is why i am hanging on the XP .Everything game related to FS9 install's with no problem (for me).

My system is over 10 years old and i have maxed out the rams that i can have . I have a whopping 2GB.

My video card is original.

If squawk box is going to be around for a couple more years, before it becomes useless i will be happy with that. Then we will have to make a decision.

nebojsa

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
I have a whopping 2GB
Hahahaha
If squawk box is going to be around for a couple more years[...]
That might be quite a bit more than its actual remaining life...

Me.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yeah... As was clearly advertised months ago, with respect to SB/FSInn and any other legacy unsupported and soon-to-be-retired clients, you're looking at maybe a couple or few months best case (for you), or even weeks.... you may want to start planning for the present/future.... Quickly!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yeah... As was clearly advertised months ago, with respect to SB/FSInn and any other legacy unsupported and soon-to-be-retired clients, you're looking at maybe a couple or few months best case (for you), or even weeks.... you may want to start planning for the present/future.... Quickly!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

And unfortunately Swift sucks with FS9 (does not work). Spent 3 weeks some time ago trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist the developers in making it compatible. They finally gave up.

1.jpg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I hope that the swift team will be able to fix those issues at a later point in time. I understand that it is more important to prioritize current SIMs such as FSX/P3D and X-Plane, since they are the most used.

For those who are reluctant to change from FS9 to a more recent SIM: I was in the same position last year and I switched to X-Plane 11. Happy since, especially there's still a great sense of community with a lot of high quality freeware sceneries.

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

It is amazing how they get you to the point if you want to continue to sim, you have to spend $$$$$. I have started way back with Microsoft flight simulator 98.IVAO first then moved to VATSIM. Then FS 2000,then FS9.

My first payware was to be Dream Fleet 737, but PIC767 came first. I got PIC767.Beautiful.

Then i got Dream Fleet 737. My pc could not handle it, so went back to PIC 767. Then i got PMDG737,PSS 757,Level-D 767,Eaglesoft Citation X.....all legal ones. Maxed out my pc with the most ram it can handle. I love this hobby.Talked to a lot of great people over the years on the forums.

All of us who are still using FS9 or Windows XP will have to come with the idea that if we want to continue ,we have to upgrade,especially if you want to be online. I will take my PC and update to windows7 later today, but it might be useless if swift does not work in FS9.

nebojsa

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Probably not

Me.