You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sweatbox Simulator Dialogue

Henrik Sonstebo

Henrik Sonstebo
Posted
Posted

Hello folks,

One of our mentors-to-be is having issues with opening the simulator (training) dialogue. The icon (in the upper right corner) to open this dialogue doesn't exist. The icon he finds there is the "Resume" button.

Please reference the image below for a screenshot of his ES.

5cb4c2c743360dc795a0039d60dbffd8.png

What we've done to try to solve this issue:

Fresh install of ES 3.2 (also tried the latest beta release), no luck.

He's using the exact same settings as I am, and we're using the exact same profile (with the exceptions of the CID, p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and real names, of course), and he's still not seeing the icon to open up the Sweatbox simulator dialogue.

We'd appreciate if anyone had any ideas how to solve this issue.

Henrik Sonstebo

ACCSCA14

Web Services [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant

VATSIM Scandinavia

Sonny Nixon
Posted
Posted

Hiya Henrik,

I know in the 3.2(r20) version I have the Controller Simulator Dialogue was removed I think however if you're using the normal version (not beta) then it should be there from my understanding.

Sonny Nixon

VATSIM External Operations Director

Email: [email protected]

pMuZV2n.png

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

For aircraft, the information in the 'legacy' simulator dialog is replaced by the 'piloting list'. Tick the box under the Quick Set menu. The only thing missing is the ability to enable simulated adjacent controllers.

Also, on the Open Sct menu, use the About Euroscope option to compare your version with your mentor-to-be.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

I fail to see how removing the dialog box and replacing it with ambigous buttons over a larger area requiring more "hunt-and-pecking" with the mouse is an improvement.