You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SquawkBox 4.0 not connecting to VATSIM Servers

Garry Morrison 897149

Garry Morrison 897149
Posted
Posted

I’ve tried for several days to connect SquawkBox to the various VATSIM severs with no avail. Does VATSIM server still supports SquawkBox?

Garry Morrison / AAL411

Miami Hub

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

anthony acri 823397
Posted
Posted

Where can I download squawkBox 4

Still on windows xp, hope it works there

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

http://squawkbox.ca/ and navigate to the download page.

Not sure why you'd want to -- if your SB3 still works with your FS9 and WinXP, there is no benefit for you changing from SB3 to SB4. All SB4 did (essentially) was add support for FSX.

Although as you've been told in the other thread, Squawkbox (all versions) will not be able to connect to the VATSIM network once the VATSIM infrastructure is changed coincident with the incorporation of AFV, likely to be in the next several weeks. Strongly suggest you upgrade your simulator (i.e. if nothing else, if your computer can run FSX, get a copy of FSX or FSX Steam so you can use vPilot, that still supports WinXP), a new computer and/or upgrade your operating system soon, if you are able.

Trust me, it will be worth it!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot won't support Windows XP once the new voice system rolls out. It requires a version of the .NET framework that does not work on XP, unfortunately. I believe swift will be an option, though.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, gotcha, thanks. I forget which thread, but I think I saw that WinXP will not be supported by swift. Looks like it's time for a couple of folks to upgrade!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations