You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to disable floating yellow callsigns aircraft labels?

Jeffrey Pang

Jeffrey Pang
Posted
Posted

I like flying with realism, which means not knowing which aircraft are static, and which are other aircraft on VATSIM.

Does swift have an option to disable the yellow callsigns that float on top of VATSIM user planes?

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Ideally that should be selectable as the default in options, I reccon

Jeffrey Pang
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. That did the trick!

• 4 weeks later...
Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Yes, it is planned that swift will remember the last setting.

https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/spc/settings/hidecallsign/

I was the guy who suggested the setting should be remembered and IIRC, one of the devs told me it was planned for 0.9.2...

Haven't tried that version yet myself.

Anyone in here did who could confirm if the setting now indeed is remembered? I noticed how the update date for the linked post above was 180 days ago.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I've searched for a setting for labels in the GUI to no avail.

The only way I've found disabling labels is via the X-Plane-Plugins-xswiftbus menu. Problem is as has been mentioned the setting is not remembered. Meaning you'll have to do this for every flight.

Tonight, I upgraded to 0.9.2 hoping this would have been fixed but seems that's not the case unfortunately.

If there indeed is a setting for this also in the GUI somewhere, I would be very happy if someone could point it out to me. Maybe I overlooked it.

Richard Åsberg