You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Flight Plan feature not working

John-Patrick Fogarty 12446

John-Patrick Fogarty 12446
Posted
Posted

Hi all-

I've been flying (mostly simulated commercial IFR) using vPilot with FSX (and now P3Dv4) for a long time, probably over a couple years.

99% of the time, I will create a flight plan using Simbrief, and then use the Pre-file tool on the Vatsim website to file my flight plan.

What I have since discovered is that when I try to amend/re-file my plan in vPilot while connected to the Vatsim server, I receive a "Flight plan filed" notice, but ATC does not receive the new flight plan with changes. This seems to apply to filing new flight plans, as well as amending existing plans. I keep trying, it doesn't work, and ATC has to edit (or file) the plan for me.

Is this a known issue? Do I have something configured wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Has nothing to do with vPilot. Network doesn't like thousands of useless characters that some of those flight plan programs like to insert. Read: viewtopic.php?p=514063#p514063

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Once ATC has made an adjustment to your flightplan, you can't simply refile to change something. It's essentially locked so that you aren't fighting with a controller on what is in the flightplan. If you've already received a clearance, in the real world, you wouldn't be able to refile afterwards and have something changed on it. From that point, you'd need to request it from ATC. Same thing on the network.

Now, let's say you file a flightplan, and BEFORE getting clearance, you notice an error. I have experienced the occasional time where I can't change it despite having not called atc yet. I'm guessing it's due to ATC having already done some work with it. In that case, the workaround for it is to temporarily disconnect from the network, refile while disconnected, and then reconnect. You'll see the changes there. This only works when prefiling from the vatsim website. It won't work if you're wanting to file through vpilot.

Joshua Black

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

Both good replies -- but if he's referring to the flight he made just before posting, neither seems to be the case here:

https://stats.vatsim.net/flightplan_details.php?conn=57991397&dep=KBFI&arr=KBFI

Edited by Guest

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hmmmm.......

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations