You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No AI aircraft after new vPilot installation.

Tommy Engman

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted

After installing the new version of vPilot 2.2.2. get this message:

[15:55:31] vPilot needs to scan your installed aircraft models.

[15:55:33] Scan complete.

[16:00:37] Startup complete.

[16:00:37] Attempting simulator connection...

[16:00:37] Connected to simulator. (Microsoft Flight Simulator X)

[16:00:37] Custom model matching rules loaded.

[16:00:37] Model matching rules generated.

After this it is impossible to get vPilot running since it doesn't find any aircraft at all. I have tried the FAQ's .aircraft command but nothing shows up, just a gray slate with headers (Callsign, Status, Model) that don't react shen pressed. I have all the FLAi aircraft models installed and visible when I check the Model Matching (FSX) Advanced tab: SimObjects\Airplanes 2117 models, 1904 identified, SimObjects\IVAO_MTL 6445 models, 26 identified. I know IVAO models are not accepted (visible) but all the others?

I humbly request [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Tommy Engman, ESNU

Tommy Engman ESNU

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The aircraft list shows other pilots that are nearby when you're connected. It does not show the AI aircraft models that you have installed. Those are shown in the advanced model matching settings tab, as you have seen.

If the aircraft list is empty, it means that you are either not connected, or you are connected and there are no other pilots nearby.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted

Well, the application doesn't find any A319's or A321's to use as defaults either. I just can't get the vPilot running.

Tommy Engman ESNU

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You're going to have to give a more detailed explanation of the problem.

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, and thanks for the concern.

When getting into installation, after filling in CID etc, sound devices, and "Apply" for these I get to Settings for Fsx, Last aircraft model scan performed on sep 20, 2019 17:58 (+1 GMT) Results 8 562 models found, 1 930 identified, there is a preentered entering Default Model: Airbus A321 and another message on the screen: "The specified default model for FSX was not found during the last scan of your installed models. Please enter a different default model."

I have tried that too. A321 not working 319 not working Airbus 321 not working. Or B736.

Edited by Guest

Tommy Engman ESNU

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted

It seems that I have to refrase my problem: Dispite that the model matching seems to work (if I am to believe you there) I can't find a necessary default model to enter for vPilot to work. I have had vPilot installed earlier, but when I tried that version where everything was preentered from earlier installation (but for the sound input device and the PTT-button) vPilot didn't accept the FSX default aircraft Airbus A319 and therefore didn't start working at all with no Internet connection.

Regards.

Tommy Engman ESNU

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you uninstall or delete the FSX default Airbus?

Refer to the docs on how to set a different default model.

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted

No, I didn't delete or uninstall the default FSX A321. But I did remove Paint1. And just now restored the title and tried with a rescan. But realized that the whole title must be copied. vPilot does not understand A321 or Airbus 319 for instance.

I find it bewildering though with the scanning results - "8 562 models found, 1 930 identified". Where can I see which ones are identified and usuable for default or AI aircraft? And how do I make all models identifiable? Is it a question of right format for the title and not so much the model quality?

If you have any suggestions regarding how to make all models identified by vPilot I'd be glad to hear them. But it seems that all FLAI models are accepted by vPilot? Anyway, I got the vPilot running by copying the whole title from the aircraft cfg-file. So I copied/inserted a model from FLAi as default. That would be alright, wouldn't it?

Tommy Engman ESNU

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

A model does not need to be identified in order for you to use it as your default. Identification is only necessary for vPilot to use the model for the automatic model matching described in the docomeentation.

If you want to use an unidentifiable model for model matching, you need to create a model matching rules file, as described in the docomeentation.

FLAi comes with its own model matching rules file, so it does all the work for you, and the model set is pretty comprehensive, and it is therefore the recommended model set.

Tommy Engman
Posted
Posted

Thanks for comments.

Should I understand that all the models that are identified by vPilot belong to a models matching rules file that someone has created? Ho do I learn what sets are at work? Where do I place models match rules sets?

I've looked through the folders I can think of. The docomeentation doesn't say anything about where to put these files, and as I don't find one even for Metacraft I am at a loss. In some folder from en earlier installation I found two .vmr files, but no such thing remains after I deleted everything for installing the latest version. Although I kept the FLAi aircraft. Has .vmr anything to do with this?

Tommy Engman ESNU

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Should I understand that all the models that are identified by vPilot belong to a models matching rules file that someone has created?

No, "identifed" means that vPilot is able to determine (by scanning the aircraft.cfg file) which ICAO aircraft type code and airline code that model represents. Or, the model is found in a database of models that vPilot downloads from the vPilot web server periodically. Model matching rule sets (VMR files) are not involved in model identification at all. VMR files are only invoked when you are connected to the network and you encounter another aircraft. At that moment, vPilot scans your VMR files for a match. If none is found, then vPilot looks for a match among all of your identified models. In other words, VMR files take precedence over the identified models when looking for a model match.

Ho do I learn what sets are at work?

I'm not sure what you are asking here.

Where do I place models match rules sets?

This is in the docomeentation.

I've looked through the folders I can think of. The docomeentation doesn't say anything about where to put these files, and as I don't find one even for Metacraft I am at a loss. In some folder from en earlier installation I found two .vmr files, but no such thing remains after I deleted everything for installing the latest version. Although I kept the FLAi aircraft. Has .vmr anything to do with this?

vPilot can identify many of the FLAi models, but to get the full effect of the FLAi model set, you should load the FLAi VMR file as per the instructions. The VMR file allows more accurate model matching for situations like regional airlines that fly for multiple major airlines, and the flight number determines which livery to show.