You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Altitude being transmitted incorrectly to Vatsim servers

Mohamed Hammouna 1291174

Mohamed Hammouna 1291174
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have been using the Aerosoft A318/19 Professional (P3D v4) for some time now, but recently I started to get this strange bug where my altitude gets transmitted to the Vatsim servers incorrectly by usually -1000 feet. This makes it not just challenging for me, but also for ATCs and surrounding TFC as they see me 1000 ft lower than I actually am.

And no, this is not because of a wrongly set altimeter ...

I have already de-installed the bus and installed it again as well the vPilot client.

Hope anyone can provide a solution for this.

https://prnt.sc/p9t5bk

https://prnt.sc/p9t5lj

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are you basing this on what that map shows, or have you also had reports from actual controllers that you are off by 1000 feet?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mohamed Hammouna 1291174
Posted
Posted

Yea, it´s also the controllers who see me not flying my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned FL

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Any idea what the ambient pressure was at the time?

Mohamed Hammouna 1291174
Posted
Posted
Any idea what the ambient pressure was at the time?

Do you suspect that something is wrong with my weather engine?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, I don't suspect a problem with your weather engine. The reason I ask is because all VATSIM pilot clients send two altitudes to the server. One is your pressure altitude, the other is your true altitude. I'm not sure which of those your map screenshot is showing. Knowing the ambient pressure at the time might help explain it. I also know that the controller's scope might show the wrong altitude (pressure vs true) if it is not configured right.

Mohamed Hammouna 1291174
Posted
Posted
No, I don't suspect a problem with your weather engine. The reason I ask is because all VATSIM pilot clients send two altitudes to the server. One is your pressure altitude, the other is your true altitude. I'm not sure which of those your map screenshot is showing. Knowing the ambient pressure at the time might help explain it. I also know that the controller's scope might show the wrong altitude (pressure vs true) if it is not configured right.

Thank you for your help. I will have a look.