You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SMTimer plugin

Robert Tomczyk

Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have been asked to republish my SMTimer plugin for ES which I have written in 2014 and it still is running in 2019

I also made a standalone version (JSMTimer) which is written in java. It's more advanced and you can customize the timers there.

You can download (J)SMTimer here: http://auty.org/SMTimer/SMTimerindex

SMTimer1.jpg

SMTimer2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Thank you - appreciate it.

Torben

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

Wonderful! I will test the Java version asap. The ES works like a charm as it is.

Martijn

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

The Java version also works great. Configuration is easy. Somehow I cannot seem to edit the right-most clock, changes go into the second clock from the right. Could be PEBCAK though. I will try again later.

Thanks again!

Martijn

Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted
The Java version also works great. Configuration is easy. Somehow I cannot seem to edit the right-most clock, changes go into the second clock from the right. Could be PEBCAK though. I will try again later.

Thanks again!

Martijn

Thanks for the feedback, i can confirm the bug you have found. Will have a look and fix it asap.

EDIT: Fixed the bug in the Java applet. PEBCAK on my side

• 6 months later...
Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Robert, is the link down?

Martijn

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Seems like the link is down.

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

• 2 weeks later...
Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info. Was a problem with the hoster. Link is up again. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

It is possible to make the timer only visible inside Euroscope?

Michael Zazula
Posted
Posted

Robert,

I just downloaded both versions, plugin and java, and sounds are not working. When using ES plugin after time is over I got standard windows sound and in java version there are no sounds at all. I've double checed, I have sounds (.wav)  both in java version start folder and in Euroscope sounds folder - however I have nonstandard path to ES sound folder (d:\Dysk Google\EuroScope Dane\Sounds).

Any chance to fix it?

Pozdrawiam,

Zulus

Best regards,
Michael "Zulus" Zazula

1832284255_Beznazwy.png.8fdb60cd0b9a70a54b993f005487e8ca.png
Visit pl-vacc.org.pl  | Welcome to Polish virtual airspace!

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, Bernardo Reis said:

That would be a wonderful change! It's the main reason I'm not using this plugin unfortunately.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

• 10 months later...
Daniel Lange
Posted
Posted

Since we unfortunately didn't hear back from Robert about fixing the sound in standalone version, we in VATSIM Scandinavia made our own (standalone version only) inspired by this one. Our is made in C#, meaning you won't need to install Java on your system to run this.

Available for download here: https://github.com/Vatsim-Scandinavia/separation-timer/tree/main🙂 Scroll down for readme.
And it's open source for you who want to contribute somehow 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Daniel Lange

Web Services Director
Vatsim Scandinavia

[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...
Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted

Hi, sorry for the long silence. I've had a hard drive crash last year and lost a lot of data. I have now restored the Visual Studio IDE with my source codes and can have a look on your requests.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, Bernardo Reis said:

This should be possible. I will check this.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:55 AM, Michael Zazula said:

Robert,

I just downloaded both versions, plugin and java, and sounds are not working. When using ES plugin after time is over I got standard windows sound and in java version there are no sounds at all. I've double checed, I have sounds (.wav)  both in java version start folder and in Euroscope sounds folder - however I have nonstandard path to ES sound folder (d:\Dysk Google\EuroScope Dane\Sounds).

Any chance to fix it?

Pozdrawiam,

Zulus

It's a very old piece of software by now and it was originally designed for WIN7. The plugin needs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables and the Java version was built for JRE7 on Windows file systems. Java isn't first choice nowadays anymore so maybe i will port it to another language.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:31 PM, Daniel Lange said:

Since we unfortunately didn't hear back from Robert about fixing the sound in standalone version, we in VATSIM Scandinavia made our own (standalone version only) inspired by this one. Our is made in C#, meaning you won't need to install Java on your system to run this.

Available for download here: https://github.com/Vatsim-Scandinavia/separation-timer/tree/main🙂 Scroll down for readme.
And it's open source for you who want to contribute somehow 🙂 

That's great news 🙂 Never thought my little program will be used over such so long period. And now it's inspiring other people. That's really great. Thanks for your effort 🙂

Small comment on C#: Yes you don't have to install JAVA but you have to install .NET5 - It's pretty much the same 😉

• Like 1

Daniel Lange
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Robert Tomczyk said:

Small comment on C#: Yes you don't have to install JAVA but you have to install .NET5 - It's pretty much the same 😉

That's true, a dependency will be there anyways. Though Java has historically had a lot of issues when it comes to security, mostly because people don't update their versions of course, hence why I mean .NET is preferred and many people have it already installed with W10 or through other programs. Either way, that's a discussion that we don't need to take here 😄 Glad to see you back! 

Daniel Lange

Web Services Director
Vatsim Scandinavia

[email protected]

Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted

Released V1.0 today with some advanced functionality (adjustable times).

For the sound issues reported:

1. It is important to have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables installed

2. The dll is looking for files in a subfolder relative to the dll that is named "sounds". If you don´t have your SMTimerVxxx.dll in the Euroscope main directory you have to create a subfolder on your own.

If this doesn't solve your problem you can check back and give more details on your system you are using.

• Like 1

Mark-Julius Pikat
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Robert Tomczyk said:

Released V1.0 today with some advanced functionality (adjustable times).

For the sound issues reported:

1. It is important to have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables installed

2. The dll is looking for files in a subfolder relative to the dll that is named "sounds". If you don´t have your SMTimerVxxx.dll in the Euroscope main directory you have to create a subfolder on your own.

If this doesn't solve your problem you can check back and give more details on your system you are using.

Couple of bugs I recognised:

1. Plugin is drawing on "Standard ES radar screen" although it is set to be forbidden on this screen
2. Double click on border disappear makes the clocks too small and the right two buttons are not clickable 
Maybe it's possible to introduce a setting so that it's run default without borders?
1934317195_Screenshot2021-04-08at17_12_05.png.9910289c1c0aee1dfab163f06ada4aa7.png
3. Is it possible to show the seconds amount instead of minutes? (on selection, countdown can be minutes:seconds)

Thanks for your work!

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org
Head of VATEUD Examining Program mark-julius.pikat [at] vateud.net

Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted
On 4/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

Couple of bugs I recognised:

1. Plugin is drawing on "Standard ES radar screen" although it is set to be forbidden on this screen
2. Double click on border disappear makes the clocks too small and the right two buttons are not clickable 
Maybe it's possible to introduce a setting so that it's run default without borders?
1934317195_Screenshot2021-04-08at17_12_05.png.9910289c1c0aee1dfab163f06ada4aa7.png
3. Is it possible to show the seconds amount instead of minutes? (on selection, countdown can be minutes:seconds)

Thanks for your work!

Thx for the feedback. Can you send me some more info together with the software versions you are running?

1. I don't exactly understand what the problem is.

2. Setting "run default without borders" would be possible but window can't be moved without borders. Can't reproduce the bug with non-clickable buttons.

3. That's possible. I put it on the list for V1.1

Mark-Julius Pikat
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Robert Tomczyk said:

Can you send me some more info together with the software versions you are running?

1. I don't exactly understand what the problem is.

2. Setting "run default without borders" would be possible but window can't be moved without borders. Can't reproduce the bug with non-clickable buttons.

3. That's possible. I put it on the list for V1.1

I am running EuroScope v3.2.1.26 (beta) on Windows 10 Pro.

I don't exactly understand what the problem is.

When loading the application, I assume that it should not be allowed on the screen as we do not want the plugin to be displayed on every ASR we load (we just need a ground layout) and for that we have a different "screen" setting.

Setting "run default without borders" would be possible but window can't be moved without borders. Can't reproduce the bug with non-clickable buttons.

Maybe the window could be moved with holding right click or something, without having the borders? Or having a config to place it somewhere specifically on the screen (screen coordinates, pixels).
Non-clickable buttons happened on 4K screen, haven't checked 2K/1080p yet.

That's possible. I put it on the list for V1.1

Thanks!

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org
Head of VATEUD Examining Program mark-julius.pikat [at] vateud.net

Robert Tomczyk
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mark-Julius Pikat said:

I am running EuroScope v3.2.1.26 (beta) on Windows 10 Pro.

When loading the application, I assume that it should not be allowed on the screen as we do not want the plugin to be displayed on every ASR we load (we just need a ground layout) and for that we have a different "screen" setting.

Maybe the window could be moved with holding right click or something, without having the borders? Or having a config to place it somewhere specifically on the screen (screen coordinates, pixels).
Non-clickable buttons happened on 4K screen, haven't checked 2K/1080p yet.

Thanks!

OK,  I will have a look into it. That should be enough info to fix the issues. Thx for your help.

• Thanks 1