You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I need help.

Aswin Haseem

Aswin Haseem
Posted
Posted

Hi there, I am kinda new to vatsim, I have downloaded all the necessary app's inorder to run vatsim, but I have one concern. Can I run vatsim on my FSX(downloaded free edition using crack's) or should I buy a steam edition? Please let me know, thank's...

Marinos Klouras
Posted
Posted

Hello and welcome to VATSIM forums.

First and foremost: Do not use or buy pirated software. It is illegal, it hurts the hobby and people are working hard to create whatever we use.

FSX (boxed or steam) is one of the sims supported by VATSIM. In order to connect you need a pilot client. I would suggest vPilot, which is really straight forward on how to setup and use.

Marinos Klouras

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Another tip: "I need help" is not a very descriptive subject line. Think of it like a newspaper headline -- the best way to attract attention of someone who can help with your issue is to put a concise description of that issue in the subject line.

And I STRONGLY second not using "cracked" software. You also just publicly admitted to software piracy. Not a good move on either count. People work hard and support their families by creating this stuff, whether that's the core software or the multitude of add-ons, and then you go and steal it. If you think a certain developer's business practices make them undeserving of your money, then fine, don't buy their product. But don't just go steal it. There are plenty of products out there *willingly* shared for free (including a sim software product called FlightGear that you can now use on VATSIM via Swift) that there's *just no excuse* for stealing.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

The steam edition is like $5... throw them a bone.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
Was the post of the OP changed? I cannot see him admitting to using "illegal" software.

FSX(downloaded free edition using crack's)

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Aswin Haseem
Posted
Posted

Hey all, thank's for you'r help and suggestion's. I actually downloaded the fsx (cracked version) almost years back, but I am willing to get the steam edition. At first I didn't thought to buy the software but as you all suggested buying it, I'll do that. And once again thank's for you'r help, Looking forward to see you in game. Cheer's..

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Aswin,

For obvious reasons I am locking this topic. The cost for FSX on steam is negligible.

Piracy here only has one ending and its not happily ever after.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg