VATEUD1 Vacancy

Dear fellow members,

It is with great sadness that we have to announce you that Florian Harms has decided to step down from his position as Division Director of the European Division.

Florian, as I am sure most of you know, has served the community for almost 20 years non stop, from various levels of management, including the Board of Governors. We are more than sure that he will continue to be with us, focusing in the enjoyment the network can offer.

Flo, we all at the VATSIM Europe Region, would like to thank you for all your energy and time you dedicated into any role you've had.

Furthermore, Morten Jelle, the Deputy Director of the Europe Division decided to step down as well. Morten, thank you very much for your time and effort into all the positions you held in the past both in the Division as well as your local facility.

Moving forward, the Europe Region is posting directly the vacancy since the position of the Division Director in EUD is of utmost importance for both the Region as well as the Network as a whole.

The Job Description for a Division Director can be found here

Candidates should submit their CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] no later than 2000z on Sunday 17th November 2019. When applying, candidates should ensure that their letter of motivation clearly demonstrates their ability to fulfil the job role as outlined in the docomeent above.

In the interim, please direct any requests or inquiries concerning the Division Director of Europe Division to Andreas Dermitzakis. He can be reached at [email protected] .

Apostolos Damkalis

VATSIM Supervisor Team Leader

Regional Conflict Resolution Panel Chairman,Europe

Abk76lz.png

This really came in as a surprise!

Although I haven't been a VATSIM member for too long, and a Staff member in my VACC for even shorter, it was extremely clear from day 1 how amazing people both Florian and Morten were. This will definitely be a big loss for the VATSIM network, but whatever the reasons are - I strongly believe that they are way more important than this common hobby of ours.

Best of luck to both of you, and thank you - really - for everything you have done for this Network. I believe it's safe to say that it wouldn't be the same without either of you.

It's just left to hope that we get someone at least half as capable of doing your roles to replace you, and we'll be going good. Good luck, and I hope we yet have to hear or see any of you connected to the network, at least as pilots or controllers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors

WIth the retirement of Apos from the position of VATEUR1 we have decided to place the process for selecting a new EUD1 on hold. This is because we believe there may well be many people who are suited to both positions and so we wish to appoint the more senior of the two first. We would welcome applications from people for one, or for both positions. We will continue to accept applications for EUD1 throughout this period, but no shortlisting or further consideration of candidates will take place until the new Regional Director is installed.

The add for a new Regional Director has just been posted and applications for this position will close on 3 Nov 19. We hope to have the new Regional Director installed as soon as possible after this date.

So pull your CVs out of te bottom drawer and apply for one, or for both.

Vice President Regions.

VATSIM Board of Governors

vatsim_0.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...