You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unidentified AC flight plans

Matthew Kulik 1427305

Matthew Kulik 1427305
Posted
Posted

I'm new to Euroscope and was wondering if there was a way to create a flight plan for an aircraft on the ground squawking standby.

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Hi Matthew,

You can type ".am" in the message bar and click on the aircraft, which will open the amendable flight plan popup for you.

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Matthew Kulik 1427305
Posted
Posted

I have tried this but in order to do this I need to correlate them which I cannot seem to do when they're squawking standby.

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted
I have tried this but in order to do this I need to correlate them which I cannot seem to do when they're squawking standby.

Which correlation mode are you using? Easy VATSIM, Mode C or mode S (f you're not sure, it will be in Other SET->General Settings)?

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Matthew Kulik 1427305
Posted
Posted

I believe I'm on Mode S.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

You can create a flight plan for any given callsign. If a pilot calls you and reports their intention, you can type the callsign in the status line and press ASEL. Then .am ASEL will work as above. You still don't know for sure which a/c it is of course because it's not identified.

This is quite advanced usage. If you're new to Euroscope, you may want to select Easy correlation mode to start with and all aircraft will automatically be correlated with a callsign regardless of pilot action. You still won't see the tag unless you tick "Show squawk STBY aircraft" under OTHER SET -> Display Settings.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK