You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot model matching issue

Joseph Langley

Joseph Langley
Posted
Posted

Good afternoon all,

So I have been using Vpilot as my client of choice for a while now and a few months ago it got updated I think, well ever since then it doesn't let me connect to the network as it comes up with the message "the specified default model for FSX was not found...please enter a different model," well I no longer have FSX:SE installed as I have switched to P3DV4 so it is trying to scan for aircraft in a directory that doesn't exist I suppose. Is this a known issue or is it just me, any help would be appreciated as I know the new Vatsim audio is being released so would really like to join the network for that.

Thanks,

Joe.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Joseph, you said that the error said "the specified default model for FSX was not found" but then you said you no longer have FSX:SE installed. Is the problem with FSX or FSX:SE?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joseph Langley
Posted
Posted
Hi Joseph, you said that the error said "the specified default model for FSX was not found" but then you said you no longer have FSX:SE installed. Is the problem with FSX or FSX:SE?

sorry I should have deleted this comment, about an hour or so after I posted I managed to figure it out, I essentially just deleted the whole FSX directory leaving only P3DV4 for Vpilot to read off, so now it is connecting, Thanks for the reply though!