You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cross the Pond Booking

Lachlan Boyd 1449478

Lachlan Boyd 1449478
Posted
Posted

So this is my first time doing (or wanting to do) a VATSIM Cross the Pond event, so it might be a really dumb question, or a simple solution. But when i go to book a slot, nothing shows up.

I am on ctp.vatsim.net/bookings, i have my airports selected (Toronto and Munich), but when i click search slots. it doesn't even load.

I have tried on 3 different computers and internet connections. But slots never show up, even when selecting different airports.

I am certain that the slots wouldn't have all been booked in a day, let alone 20 minutes. so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Lachlan.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

All the slots have been booked so that is why you don't see any.

You can still fly without a slot but will likely experience delays and have to fly on the non-event track.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

I am certain that the slots wouldn't have all been booked in a day, let alone 20 minutes.

I think we booked our first block of slots in 60 seconds this year. It was very quick.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

I was waiting for the slots to open, but because they opened 30 minutes late, I had to go to work. When I checked an hour later, I saw 1 and only 1 flight left from the city pair that had opened about 1 minute beforehand. I thought it was a website loading error on my Samsung phone I was using while pulled up on the side of the road and refreshed and that 1 slot became 0.

I think my strategy will be to push back about 30 minutes before first slot and taxi slowly

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Michael Unterholzner 96959
Posted
Posted

Good morning, I was very surprised that the slots were so early. On Saturday I could not see which airports are there and on Sunday there were already the Slots. Please give earlier known when you can book. And please show the remaining available slots at once. This will also make it extremely difficult to search for returned slots later.

THX Mike

PS Sorry for my bad English

This is my first post since 2006

Richard Fiery
Posted
Posted

Agree with Michael. I think (?) in prior years there was more notice provided? Or I got lucky in catching the notice. At least 3 or 4 days notice and countdown on twitter would be helpful. I could have put it in my calendar.

My 2 cents, as it is an event I look forward to each year, and have been successful booking slots right when the bookings open. Not so this year.

Richard

Russell Homan 838487
Posted
Posted

agreed, were there less slots this year, or is it because of the new audio codec more are returning and getting on? this is my first year in a while that I have to wish ill on someone, ie work makes them come in on departure day, or wife hands them a honey do list.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I don't think there were fewer slots (although I don't know how many there were/are), but I think it was a combination of the excitement over the new voice system plus improvements in the booking system itself that ramped up the already-lightning-quick process of filling them all.

I, too, was caught off-guard by the 24-hour notice on the slot booking -- fortunately I saw it in time & was able to work it into my day.

I'm sure, like usual, many slots will be dropped in the last 24-36 hours leading up to the event.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Richard Fiery
Posted
Posted
agreed, were there less slots this year, or is it because of the new audio codec more are returning and getting on? this is my first year in a while that I have to wish ill on someone, ie work makes them come in on departure day, or wife hands them a honey do list.

Yup. I dropped a slot due to work once and it was gone in 5 seconds

Richard Fiery
Posted
Posted

And I guess since we are talking....

Does anyone know if dropped bookings will appear automatically in the "available slots" section or do you need to manually select each airport pair and submit to find them.

And as I write this I am wondering if I can trust the answers, lol. Maybe if a Vatsim Admin answers (who has a slot).

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You will need to manually select each airport pair to see whether there are any bookings for each pair.

I'm not a VATSIM admin so take with the appropriate number of grains of salt.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
You will need to manually select each airport pair to see whether there are any bookings for each pair.

This is correct.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

michael mueller 936637
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I'm looking for any slot that may open up.

Thanks!,

Michael Mueller

Eric Dziura
Posted
Posted
All the slots have been booked so that is why you don't see any.

You can still fly without a slot but will likely experience delays and have to fly on the non-event track.

If I don't have a booking, where do I get information about the "non-event track"?

Thank you

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

ctp.vatsim.net, about 12 hours prior to the event.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Eric Dziura
Posted
Posted

Do the non-event tracks use CTP event airports, or do we choose our own?

Thank you

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Do the non-event tracks use CTP event airports, or do we choose our own

If you're not on a booked slot, fly from and to wherever you want. Just don't expect the ideal transatlantic routing. You're also likely to experience delays getting clearance from any of the event-participating departure fields.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png