You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot - Will the offset fix be required?

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Using the BB models with swift, you need BB_IVAO_vert_offsets_1.2.4 to avoid online aircraft models around you appear as sunken into the ground or floating above it.

I wonder if this offset fix will be required with xPilot as well.

Anyone who knows?

Richard Åsberg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just talked with the xPilot developer who says the offsets aren't required, but, installing them anyway has no adverse effects.

EDIT: per a new conversation with the developer, installing the offsets is now a recommended step again.

Edited by Guest

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Great, thanks a lot!

Richard Åsberg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hey, Richard -- don't shoot the messenger, but, the developer asked me to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the word that installing the offsets is now back on the recommended procedure list for setting up xPilot. Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Hey, Richard -- don't shoot the messenger, but, the developer asked me to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the word that installing the offsets is now back on the recommended procedure list for setting up xPilot. Sorry about the confusion.

Will hold fire and keep the offset fix

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Now I'm just waiting to be able to download the actual client. Which I hope will be sooner rather than later...was hoping to be able to try it out today.

Richard Åsberg