You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resolved:- Xsquawkbox with AFV TX and RX problem

Krzysztof Kobylarz 1268402

Posted
Posted

Hello

I installed Audio for Vatsim client v.1.6.28 and I have problem with transmit my voice. I can hear controller and other pilots but nobody hear me. On the AFV window are COM1 and COM2 when establish connection COM1 TX is black and RX is grey (when sombody transmitting it is orange) at COM2 opposite - TX is grey (orange when I try to transmit) and RX is black. I tried to set the same frequnecies on both COM1 and 2 but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Are you within range of the other parties? Best is to check on the ground at an airport with a TWR/GND controller.

The fact you can hear them, does not necessarily mean you are in range.

Chris.

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

In your aircraft's radio communications panel, have you got the microphone selector in the COM1 position?

Me.

Posted
Posted

After restart xplane everything is ok. TX and RX on COM1 are grey and communication is great. Thank for yours suggestions

Posted
Posted

~The problem occured again

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Its not really a problem as such... Its your aircraft radio stack not being configured correctly.

We read that now, so you get a realistic radio operation. I suspect when you reset your situation your aircraft radios were not setup correctly.

Check out the guides at audio.vatsim.net

Good luck!