You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is there anyway to use VATSIM on a mac now?

Ben Rosenberg

Ben Rosenberg
Posted
Posted

I've tried quite a few things to get VATSIM up and running on my Mac OS. Currently I'm running the newest version of X-Plane 11. I've asked around and some people said try using Swift to run VATSIM. When I attempted to download Swift, the XSwiftBus wasn't able to open as it was a Windows file. Apparently, the XSwiftBus file is pretty important and runs the actual Swift client in X-Plane. Am I wrong? If anyone has some ideas, I could really use it, the next step is buying a PC.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Ben, I recommend that you join the swift Discord server so you can get quick support for this swift-specific question (https://discord.gg/R7Atd9A)

Me.

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Hi Ben

Installation info here https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/installation/

Chris.

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Ben Rosenberg
Posted
Posted

Ok I'll try both of these ideas, only thing is, the installation info you sent me, Chris, is what I've already visited and tried to download.

Ben

Ben Rosenberg
Posted
Posted

I'm already there, posted a support request on #support-macosx

Ben Rosenberg
Posted
Posted

you do mean the swift discord correct?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, that's what he means.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Louis Kelly 1448360
Posted
Posted

Any further development on this? Could use some help too!

Ben Rosenberg
Posted
Posted

Louis, are you in the Swift DIscord? They've helped me get very far, I'm almost done actually, just stop by there and ask any and every question.

Louis Kelly 1448360
Posted
Posted

ok will do. Is there a link for the swift discord? L

Timothy Walker 1294725
Posted
Posted

Does swift support the new audio codec out of the box already? Otherwise all macOS users remain text-only at the moment, since the standalone client is Windows-only.

Philipp Edlich
Posted
Posted

The current public alpha does support it.

| Enroute Controller |

gen.php?img=_13_14_15&cid=1081694

Timothy Walker 1294725
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I'll give it a try, would be nice to be voice-ready in time for WorldFlight

Roberto Negron 852648
Posted
Posted

Don’t expect much help for us MAC users on Swift. I have managed to connect to VATSIM but as far as aircraft rendering Swift sucks and support is almost non-existent.

7009.png

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

On an iMac running Mojave with X-plane 11.36r2, I have successfully installed and used swiftinstaller-macos-64-0.9.3.910141549.dmg from the Alpha channel at https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/publicartifacts.php. But I am no expert. There are videos posted at YouTube from the developers. Search for swift-project.org.

Roberto Negron 852648
Posted
Posted

Are you able to see other aircraft while connected? If so how did you manage to accomplish that. How did you work your CSL situation?

7009.png

Andries Gouws
Posted
Posted

Sorry this is a total ballsup.......nothing is working on my Imac... for Xplane 11...any help will help.....

Thanks......

Andries Gouws
Posted
Posted

MacOS and Linux versions to follow with AFV integration. When are they fixing it..........

Andries Gouws
Posted
Posted

Hi if we have to use swift at least put a link to a video on youtube how to do it for the Mac users........for Xplane 11.....

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

the swift team is doing what they can, they are really busy fixing initial bugs after integrating AFV. Mac and Linux users will NOT be forgotten. Please stand by for further fixes!

If you would like to receive user-to-user help, please join us on our swift Discord server: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/contact/

William McDermott 1314379
Posted
Posted

To get on to your network I have been using Xplane on a Mac Computer (version10.14.6) with the latest version of XSquawkBox7. Now that you have changed your voice communication it is not possible to receive or transmit. I have downloaded the Audio for VATSIM, but this only for windows. Can anyone Help?

Philipp Edlich
Posted
Posted

On Mac, your only option is to use the current swift alpha version, which has AFV-integration

| Enroute Controller |

gen.php?img=_13_14_15&cid=1081694