You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

View Pilot Frequency in Tooltip

Justin Alderman

Justin Alderman
Posted
Posted

I noticed the new map that shows all the connections and what frequency they are on.

However, click on the map for ATC it shows the frequency of the ATC, but the tooltip for aircraft should also show the frequencies. This would help ATC who operate multiple frequencies and give frequency changes. That way we know an aircraft may still be on the wrong frequency.

Proud VATSIM Member since 2008

Matthew Kramer
Posted
Posted

Operating multiple frequencies is not advisable at this moment. Suggest using the "XC" feature if pilot range is an issue.

ZLA DATM, I1

Justin Alderman
Posted
Posted

I am using the XC feature. But it would be helpful for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isting pilots to know much more easily. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that while it's not advisable this will eventually change if there's technical fixes made.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

It was decided to leave it as it currently is for a reason, so unless all the “masterminds” decide to change, for now it will be staying like this.

Me.

Justin Alderman
Posted
Posted

Here's another way to approach this. What about having the AFV Standalone client show both the Last Received Callsign AND the Frequency/Position it was received on?