You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple monitors - not responding

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

W10 x64 with latest updates.

I have a weird issue that I have managed to confine to the saving of profiles with VRC displayed on more than one monitor.

At first I thought it was a compatibility issue as I could not load any profile other than the default. After doing testing it seems to be related to anything in the profile saved while it’s on a second monitor.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
Dan Everette
Posted
Posted
W10 x64 with latest updates.

I have a weird issue that I have managed to confine to the saving of profiles with VRC displayed on more than one monitor.

At first I thought it was a compatibility issue as I could not load any profile other than the default. After doing testing it seems to be related to anything in the profile saved while it’s on a second monitor.

Anyone have any ideas?

Were you able to solve this? I'm having the same issue, and have resorted to editing my VRC.ini file so that all my other windows start in the same XY location as the main window. Then when I load the profile, I just drag the other radar windows to where I want them.

Definitely related to drawing the other radar windows on other monitors.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do either of you use a windows display scaling setting of other than 100% on any of your monitors?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted
Do either of you use a windows display scaling setting of other than 100% on any of your monitors?

Ross,

All three of my monitors are at 100% scaling.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Damn ... that was my only guess as to what might cause it.

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted
Damn ... that was my only guess as to what might cause it.

Absolutely weird. Working now. I thought it might be window X/Y locations with 3 monitors and the middle one being the main one. So, I turned nvidia surround on, setup another VRC profile with windows spanning different monitors, and it worked. I was "ah hah!, that's it".

Then when I turned surround off, it now works.

No idea. Now returning to your regularly scheduled programming.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I've been using three monitors (with the center as the main) for a long time, never had any issues.

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I have ensured I save my profiles with all VRC windows on one monitor, then drag them across, and back to the primary before closing.

Where do I find the Nvidia scaling? And/or Surround? Happy to try anything.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

Where do I find the Nvidia scaling? And/or Surround? Happy to try anything.

Scaling isn't Nvidia specific. Right click on desktop, select "Display Settings", for each of your monitors, select it, when under "Scale and layout", verify it's at 100%.

For Nvidia Surround: [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you're using an nvidia card. Right click on desktop, and select "NVIDIA Control Panel". On the left tree menu: 3D Setting -> Configure Surround, PhysX

If you have the ability (button to check) "Span displays with Surround" under the "Surround configuration", try setting that up. Basically the driver turns your multiple displays into one giant display that windows sees. Try setting that up and see if VRC works. Then turn off Surround and see if it works (that's all I did).

Good luck.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dan, I’ll give it a go.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png