You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice Quality suffers When VPilot is running in background

Jacob Roy 1191897

Jacob Roy 1191897
Posted
Posted

Hey All,

Just trying to put some feelers out there as to why this is happening. When my VPilot is running in the background, my voice receiving quality suffers. If I bring it up in front of my simulator window, the quality improves. Unfortunately this doesn't allow me to use my sim, as VPilot is running in the foreground, and FSX is now running in the background. Has anyone else had this problem? It seemed to happen after I updated VPilot to 2.4.0. It did not happen before this. If it is any help, I always run VPilot in Admin Mode.

Thanks for the help!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Jacob!

What exactly do you mean with "quality"? Are you referring to the volume going lower/fading away?

Cheers,

Me.

Jacob Roy 1191897
Posted
Posted

Hi Nestor,

Basically, the voice starts cutting in and out kind of. I’ve changed the VHF simulations checkbox in VPilot but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. I’m just trying to figure out if the quality suffering is on my end, or if it’s because of something VATSIM is doing behind the scenes while they finalize the update. Like I said before, it seems that this problem surfaced after I upgraded VPilot to 2.4.0.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

This sounds like a cpu issue on on your end. If your processing is really high it can slow down and cause the AFV transmissions to break up on the local machine.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Just double check you have the following set

My volume suddenly goes very loud or very quiet

Ensure that the following setting is not set in your Audio Properties within Windows:

1) Right Click your speaker within Windows next to the clock

2) Select Sounds

3) Navigate to Communications

4) Select Do Nothing

Bernd Edlinger
Posted
Posted
Just double check you have the following set

My volume suddenly goes very loud or very quiet

Ensure that the following setting is not set in your Audio Properties within Windows:

1) Right Click your speaker within Windows next to the clock

2) Select Sounds

3) Navigate to Communications

4) Select Do Nothing

Hey,

I've adjusted that but the P3D and all other sounds get still quieter if someone speaks on voice.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

There must be a 3rd party application doing that then. If you find out what it is please report back here so others know in the future. Good luck!

Bernd Edlinger
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I found out that this happend only, if I put adjusted the output with the + symbol.

If it's set to 0, everything is okay.

BR