You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot in VR

Craig Deitch

Craig Deitch
Posted
Posted

xPilot looks very good but the window isn’t visible in Virtual Reality, nor have I found a way to import it using MoveVR. Has anybody found a way to see it in VR, or is that capability on the xPilot roadmap?

Cheers, Craig.

Gerardo Carstensen
Posted
Posted (edited)

I second that, right now there's no way to read the text unless you bring an xPilot window into the VR space (which I think is not the most efficient and FPS friendly practice)

Regards.

Edited by Guest

David Henricsson 1454633
Posted
Posted

Following this. Can't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign PTT to my WMR controller. Used to work with XSB.

Gerardo Carstensen
Posted
Posted
Following this. Can't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign PTT to my WMR controller. Used to work with XSB.

Check this thread, hope it helps: https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=79751

David Henricsson 1454633
Posted
Posted

Thx, will check this out!

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Sign me up on the list for people wishing for a good VR solution in the near future!

Richard Åsberg

David Henricsson 1454633
Posted
Posted

I think I have tested everything, but no success. The problem must be in the AFV software. Hope for a fix in next version.

Alec Friedman
Posted
Posted

I've gotten xPilot working in VR using Oculus Desktop to bring the window (and my iPad with ForeFlight, using LonelyScreen) into the VR space.

As for PTT, I'm the OP in the other thread, I got it working using AutoHotKey to bind the Y button on my left controller to the c key as a PTT, then just need to make sure I have a notepad open and focused to make sure it works properly. It's a pretty clunky workaround, but it does work for now. Hoping for an update to allow direct PTT binding to xPilot.

• 1 year later...
Christian Ziegler
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, Alec Friedman said:

I've gotten xPilot working in VR using Oculus Desktop to bring the window (and my iPad with ForeFlight, using LonelyScreen) into the VR space.

As for PTT, I'm the OP in the other thread, I got it working using AutoHotKey to bind the Y button on my left controller to the c key as a PTT, then just need to make sure I have a notepad open and focused to make sure it works properly. It's a pretty clunky workaround, but it does work for now. Hoping for an update to allow direct PTT binding to xPilot.

Hi Alec,

just found your threat here. COuld you please guide me through to set the PTT button on the VR controller?

Would be very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Christian Ziegler