You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resolved: Error Connecting to Voice Server

Roberto Villafuerte 146713

Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, I am new in VATSIM. Have downloaded last VPilot (Vpilot version 2.4.0) and can connect voice. a meesage appears:

Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

any suggestions?

I am using FSX:SE

Edited by Guest

Leonardo Moreira 1467154
Posted
Posted

same issue here, with xpilot runing on x-plane 11.40b8

Ernesto Martinez
Posted
Posted (edited)

At the time you posted this, your account was only a couple of hours old. You need to allow the servers to update with your information. This can take up to 24 hours. You shouldn't get that specific error in a couple of hours.

Edited by Guest

Ernesto Martinez

Membership Audit Team
VATSIM Supervisor

[email protected]
  support.vatsim.net

vatsim_0.png

Leonardo Moreira 1467154
Posted
Posted
At the time you posted this, your account was only 26 minutes old. You need to allow the servers to update with your information. This can take up to 24 hours. You shouldn't get that specific error in a couple of hours.

Uh, ok! TY

Posted
Posted

Thank you Ernesto

Posted
Posted

OK, more than 24 hours I register on VATSIM and trhe error continues... so I don't thing it was because I was just registered

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Can you check you are entering your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word Case Sensitive? The main connection isn't case sensitive but the voice is.

Morten Bilet 1216285
Posted
Posted

I'm having the same issue(using vPilot v2.4.0 in P3D 4.5). My account was was inactive, and I reactivated it over 24 hours ago, but I still get the same error:

Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

I have checked the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, and it is correct(case sensitive).

It is also connecting to the network just fine, but not the voice server.

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

At the moment we are doing one sync of authentication info a day, at 1200Z, to manage the server load. We have plans to make this a bit more real-time going forward. Depending on what time the 'master' database from which we sync is updated itself, it might be that your account missed that sync.

If it's still not working this evening (i.e. after both systems have had a full 24 hours to sync) and you are sure you are entering your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words in the correct case, let us know -- we'll look in to the sync in the meantime as well just to make sure there are no errors!

Cheers,

Simon

Vice President, Pilot Training

Mark Barnes
Posted
Posted

Try again in 1 hour.

Morten Bilet 1216285
Posted
Posted

Working just fine here now!

No problems!

Posted
Posted

Now it is working, but it took more than 24 hours.

John Coltrain 1138553
Posted
Posted
Hi guys,

At the moment we are doing one sync of authentication info a day, at 1200Z, to manage the server load. We have plans to make this a bit more real-time going forward. Depending on what time the 'master' database from which we sync is updated itself, it might be that your account missed that sync.

If it's still not working this evening (i.e. after both systems have had a full 24 hours to sync) and you are sure you are entering your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words in the correct case, let us know -- we'll look in to the sync in the meantime as well just to make sure there are no errors!

Cheers,

Simon

No offense, but the AFV team should make this known a bit more publicly.

Many pilots (like myself) will be returning to VATSIM in light of the new audio to check things out. In doing so they, like myself, will be reactivating their inactive accounts and running into this same issue.

I for one had all but given up until I found this thread. I tried all three XPlane clients and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I could connect to the network but not the voice servers.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

John,

We have been posting to anything we have seen on Forums or Social media. I will ask the membership team if they can update the email sent to people when they reactivate or change their p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words.

Thanks for the heads up and welcome back!

Cheers

Gary

John Coltrain 1138553
Posted
Posted
John,

We have been posting to anything we have seen on Forums or Social media. I will ask the membership team if they can update the email sent to people when they reactivate or change their p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words.

Thanks for the heads up and welcome back!

Cheers

Gary

Thanks! This would be very helpful to someone I'm sure because my Google searches turned up very few helpful topics regarding this issue.

• 2 months later...
Rodney Costa 1062170
Posted
Posted

I can't connect on voice server at all.

Error Connecting to Voice Server. The request timed-out

Any Help ? P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is double checked, so this is not my issue.

Please Help !