You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Issue with Voice Server

Tristan Garratt

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Hi. I live in Australia, and don't have the best internet. This means I have been having issues connecting to the voice server in the U.K, are there plans to coordinate with VATPAC to get a voice server installed in Australia, so that oceania can connect better?

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Tristan,

The AFV servers are not in the UK

Can you elaborate slightly more on the 'issues' you are having please?

Vice President, Pilot Training

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Hey Simon!

I've been getting connected to NZZO_FSS on HF, when I'm on 132.000 which is ML_APP, two different countries. THis is happening with other controllers and pilots so this may be an issue with AFV itself. I also keep getting discod from the voice server.

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

The only way for us to fix it is to restart our clients

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Zain Khan
Posted
Posted
Hey Simon!

I've been getting connected to NZZO_FSS on HF, when I'm on 132.000 which is ML_APP, two different countries. THis is happening with other controllers and pilots so this may be an issue with AFV itself. I also keep getting discod from the voice server.

The only way for us to fix it is to restart our clients

I was that NZZO_FSS controller and I have also been experiencing other pilots for some reason going over to my HF frequency of 8.867 which was supposed to be only linked with VHF alias frequency 129.000; I have verified that these pilots had other VHF stations active on their COM1 or COM2 and not VHF 129.000 or HF 8.867.

Nothing on the controller end but for the pilots they keep going onto my frequency.

NOTE: EuroScope v3.2 beta, latest AFV client version for me and these pilots also have the latest vPilot update.

Zain Khan NZAA - 1345074

Enroute Controller (C1)

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Oceanic Endorsed Controller (/O)

VATSIM New Zealand

http://www.twitch.tv/zkaviator

http://www.instagram.com/zkaviator

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Do you know if you were appearing in their ATC list at the same time as the VHF station?

It shouldn't be tuning the HF unless the HF station is appearing in the pilot client ATC list.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Both the station intended to tune and unintended appeared on the list. ML_APP 132.00 AND NZZO_FSS (not the same Freq) showed up. I tuned 132.000 and after a while it brought me to HF. This was the same with controllers and Pilots on standalone and v/xpilot.

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

I think you might be a bit obsessed with the server infrastructure

Regarding the disconnects - Could you try with the Standalone client and send us a copy of your debug.log file after you get disconnected please.

Regarding HF

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=79785

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Regarding disconnects

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=79788