You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Audio for VATSIM on MAC Osx?

Javier Campos

Javier Campos
Posted
Posted

Hello, I run xplane 11 on MAC Osx with Squawkbox, will i be able to use Audio for VATSIM on this platform? I haven't figured it out yet. help anyone? thank you

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Hi. The standalone does not seem to work with Wine, nor does XPilot. Time to wait for XSB integration me thinks.

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Louis Kelly 1448360
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem. I've heard that using swift works but it's a complicated process. I'm going to try it later so will let you know.

• 1 month later...
Armando Oreadi 903822
Posted
Posted

Hi, any idea regarding the possibility to have voice comm fot us Mac users ?

Thanks

Anthony Mazetis
Posted
Posted

I had been emailing with support on latest version of xsb for mac. It will connect to vatsim but it crashes xp11.36r2 when selecting usb audio choice. Running 10.13.06 OS High Sierra on 2009 Mac Pro 12 core 3.33Mhz. Probably time to just move on.

Cheers!

Anthony Mazetis
Posted
Posted

It’s kind of complicated for this ol’ man. Not sure where I didn’t get it right. Just

hoping for a simple voice app similar to PilotEdge. Will

try again!

Cheers!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

We will be with you, don't worry. If you need further support, search for specific MacOS-topics on our website https://dev.swift-project.org/ and/or visit us on our Discord support server. We have managed to help several MacOS-users to get airborne with all bells and whistles: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/contact/

Anthony Mazetis
Posted
Posted

Well I had to give up on this. I could not get this loaded correctly. Not sure what happened. I followed step by step install but missed something. I get no audio. I guess I need to go with PilotEdge. Their app is simple and works pretty easy.

Alan McDonley
Posted
Posted
Hi, any idea regarding the possibility to have voice comm fot us Mac users ?

Thanks

I managed to get Swift/xswiftbus 0.9.3.xxx430 ("alpha") running on 2018 MacMini, Mojave 10.14.6, USB mic input, displayport output, X-Plane11.41r1 with ctrl-v hotkey mapping. It was not turnkey, but managed.

Perhaps list your exact system config to get started.

Anthony Mazetis
Posted
Posted

Good Day!

My system is old....2010 Mac Pro 2x3.33 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 32GB 1333MHz DDR3 - 2TB NVMe HD - Radeon RX580 8GB

I use Corsair Void PRO RGB USB Wireless Headset. OS High Sierra 10.13.6 - XP11.40

First not really sure which version to use... but from your reply its Swift/xswiftbus 0.9.3.xxx430 Alpha. So is it Swift and xswiftbus or xswiftbus stand alone. If I recall it wanted me to download a Windows app too.

This old man is just trying to figure this out...

Cheers!

James Sandiford 1424826
Posted
Posted
I guess I need to go with PilotEdge. Their app is simple and works pretty easy.

That’s what I did, you’ll be very happy with the money spent.

This whole VATSIM audio Mac thing has left a sour taste in a lot of people’s mouths.

It’s good to see some developers still trying to get it up and going, but as one person said rather arrogantly to me on another forum. Mac users simply don’t count.

So come join the rest of the refugees on pilotedge!

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

There is a perfectly functional XSquawkBox Beta available for all platforms if you don’t want the h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le of setting up swift. I’m not sure why everyone is still slamming the powers that be for shutting out Mac users when the software options are now available.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Anthony Mazetis
Posted
Posted

I tried XSquawkBox and have worked with support via email. XSquawkBox and XP11.40 crashes when

I select my mic for my usb headset. Maybe my system is too old. i’m not sure. I had tried using Pilot Edge

before and it just didn’t work out for me. I’m not sure who is slamming who... leave me out of it.

Maybe XSquawkBox will come up with a fix or maybe I will figure out Swift. I guess

it’s back to the beginning for now.

Javier Campos
Posted
Posted

I haven't been able to get Audio VATSIm on my Mac yet, I guess PIlotedge it is, so sad but it is what it is.