You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resolved: Manual for xPilot

Stefan Hoks

Stefan Hoks
Posted
Posted

Hey!

Where can I find a manual for xPilot? There are some features I don't understand, for example:

- When I double click on the controller in the controllers list it seems like it's switching frequency (the text windows shows the logon text) but the frequency both in X-Plane and xPilot (upper left corner) do not change. Tho when I change the frequency in X-Plane I do hear the other stations, but the ' logon text message' doesn't appear in xPilot or the in-game window.

- When I log onto Vatsim, and the frequency is tuned to 122.800, I still hear sounds from the online controller in that area.

- How can I use text on Unicom? Just tune 122.800 and text?

- Is it possible to keep the in-game windows appeared, not just for a few secs when a message is received?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Stefan,

I'll let someone who knows xPilot better respond to the first couple -- I would imagine that you cannot 'click to tune', however.

Re: Unicom -- as you say, just tune 122.8 and type your message if you desire, or transmit voice -- both will work! Are you sure you were hearing a controller and not other pilots?

Simon

Vice President, Pilot Training

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Morning!

Manual can be found here :- http://xpilot.clowd.io/docs

Issue with ending up on an HF freq when you dont want to be has been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned bug #222 and is tracked under viewtopic.php?f=156&t=79785.

Cheers

Gary

Stefan Hoks
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the fast replies! I found my answers in the manual and the hotfix seems to have fixed the issue, so thanks for that

Happy landings!

Stefan