You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL packages. Can we use X-CSL and Bluebell together?

Viktor Graf 1422726

Viktor Graf 1422726
Posted
Posted

Good afternoon my fellow aviation enthusiasts,

after installing xPilot 1.1.0.1 I also installed both X-CSL and the BlueBell CSL packages. X-CSL straight into the CSL folder of xPilot and BlueBell onto a different drive. Now I wonder if it is possible to use them together, as long as they are in separate folders, or if you should pick one and stick to it.

If you can use both combined I am curious to know how is xPilot deciding which model will be displayed from which set.

Looking forward to your answers

Kind regards

Corsair Obsidian 750D | Asus ROG Maximus Hero Xi | i9-9900K | Corsair H115i Pro | 32GB Corsair DDR4-3200 | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Corsair AX760 | Samsung EVO 970 Plus 1TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Seagate 1 TB | Seagate 2TB | LG DVD Drive | Acer XB241H | Win 10 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | FiiO E10K DAC-AMP | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Steelseries QcK | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

Martin Liebisch 1261473
Posted
Posted

i have both folders active and it works nicely.

but i have both folders under F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL

F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL\Bluebell and

F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL\X-CSL

Viktor Graf 1422726
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your answer Martin,

It doesn't work for me though. I don't have any planes now.

How do your paths look like then when you open the xPilot plugin and go to "CSL"?

Additionally how is your BlueBell folder sorted? Do you have BB_Airbus, BB_Boeing etc. in your Bluebell folder

or have you moved all the files into the "BlueBell" folder itself?

Regards

Corsair Obsidian 750D | Asus ROG Maximus Hero Xi | i9-9900K | Corsair H115i Pro | 32GB Corsair DDR4-3200 | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Corsair AX760 | Samsung EVO 970 Plus 1TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Seagate 1 TB | Seagate 2TB | LG DVD Drive | Acer XB241H | Win 10 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | FiiO E10K DAC-AMP | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Steelseries QcK | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

Eric Maresh 825570
Posted
Posted

I did with mine is I just add Blue bell aircraft in xpilot resources CLS and x-CSL in the same folder xpilot resources CLS with out adding onther folder inside xpilot resources CLS and it just works fine for me with out no problems

Thanks

Eric Maresh

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

At least with swift all CSL-planes have to be somewhere inside your X-Plane program folder. You cannot put them onto another drive or similar, or X-Plane is not able to access them correctly. I hazard the guess that it's an X-Plane limitation and is also valid for xPilot.

Viktor Graf 1422726
Posted
Posted

According to the instructions "Paths are relative to X-Plane's main directory, but you can also enter the full path to the package folder anywhere outside of X-Plane (useful if your CSL package lives on a different drive)."

So you can basically put it anywhere you like as long as you set the correct path for it. However I prefer Martin's and Eric's approach of installation because it keeps everything nice and tight in one place. Installing all the X-CSL contents and BB_Airbus, BB_Boeing, BB_GA folders and so on into the CSL folder of xPilot saves a lot of trouble. Works fine so far. The only thing that needs improvement though is the model matching. Today I've updated swift to v0.9.2.909161111 and connected to the network standing in EGKK. A British Airways 777 had the proper BA livery. When checking it in xPilot it was displayed with the blue Boeing factory livery of the 777 although both clients take the models from the same source as I have copied xPilot's CSL folder to a separate place for swift to fetch from. Same for UKVirtual, proper model matching with swift, Boeing 737-800 livery for xPilot.

Nevertheless I am very happy with the new client and AFV. Great work devs

Regards

Cristiano Cappatti
Posted
Posted

For me both Bluebell and X-Csl work but for the latter it seems that there are problems with model matching of eg B738WL variants, so a RYR 738 is showing the house Boeing (generic) livery.

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm also having issues with X-CSL, BA 777 showing up as a fedex. Is this X-CSL or XPilot?

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

I followed the very good installation guide and the tx/rx works fine and the CSL folder is setup as shown. My only problem is I do not see any vatsim AI aircraft when I am at a location where I see them on a third party like VATSPY. Vatspy shows them taxiing past me but I don't see anything. I do show ADS-B traffic on my iPad (connected to the sim thru flyQ) and in my visuals but they are all XP11 generated not the vatsim traffic. How do I fix that? Any ideas.