You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Model Matching Error.

Chase Fellbaum 1465339

Chase Fellbaum 1465339
Posted
Posted

Good Morning, I am having an issue with getting model matching to find any aircraft. I have tried searching the forums, and a lot of them mention installing FLAI, which I have tried, but when I run the downloader for that, it says it cannot connect after it tries to get a connection. I am hoping there is a way to byp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] FLAI Completely due to the installation failing with that program. I have tried to reinstall vpilot and still am having the same issue. I am trying to connect vpilot to FSX:SE. I have looked for fsx_se.cfg but I do not have one. I only have the fsx.CFG file. I am running the latest version of vpilot. If somebody could please help me, that would be amazing.

Thank You,

Chase Fellbaum

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Hi Chase,

You will need to have some sort of traffic models for vPilot to use, it does not come with anything natively. So you'll either need to figure out Flai (maybe post on that forum) or WOAI (World of AI), there are also some payware traffic addons.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Chase Fellbaum 1465339
Posted
Posted

Can it not use a default model that I set?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It can, but without you installing AI (I think just about everyone in the community will join me in heartily recommending FLAI - be persistent and figure out what's going wrong and/or ask the FLAI folks for help), every airplane you see will look like the default model you have selected (e.g. a white CRJ or a white A320, etc.). That's no fun. Get FLAI!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Also, if your default model is an aircraft from your inventory it will put tremendous load on the CPU/GPU decimating your FPS. The airplanes you can fly are heavily detailed models compared to "traffic" models which, while they may look quite good as they p[Mod - Happy Thoughts], aren't modelled to fly so their systems aren't modelled the same etc.

Mr.

VATSIM P2