You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to see other aircraft

Nelson Hoffman

Nelson Hoffman
Posted
Posted

Hello all, perhaps someone can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist me here. I downloaded X-Pilot setup and installed that. Confirmed that I could transmit and receive to a VATSIM controller (thank you EGLL GRN). I then down loaded and the BlueBell CSL files and installed them (obviously incorrectly).

The Bleu Bell files for Airbus and Boeing are in the CSL folder in the following path:

X-Plane11\Resources\Plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL

These files in the CSL folder are RAR File types.

The settings on the X-Pilot window (accessed from the drop down menu in X-Plane)

Enabled Path Sets to CSL shows only one entry:

Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL with a checkmark in the left hand box.

Any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance would be most appreciated. The new voice client sounds great, not if I could only get the other aircraft back. Thank you.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

You need to extract the files in the CSL folder.

I suggest you check out this video tutorial

Richard Åsberg

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

I installed bluebell and did the vertical fix install. Placed CSL under Plugins/xpilot/resources

I do not see any aircraft. I can see XP11 generated AI aircraft. Vatsim aircraft are not showing up on the ADS-B either.

Is there a fix to this?

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

That's odd. Because I did exactly what you describe and it's working fine over here.

One thing and I'm not sure if it's related, but I have AI aircraft in X-Plane set to none.

Richard Åsberg

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

I will try that.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
I installed bluebell and did the vertical fix install. Placed CSL under Plugins/xpilot/resources

I do not see any aircraft. I can see XP11 generated AI aircraft. Vatsim aircraft are not showing up on the ADS-B either.

Is there a fix to this?

Can you try setting your com frequency by using the .com1 dot command in xPilot? If the frequency doesn’t change in your aircraft, then it’s possible the tcp port is being blocked, which would also cause you to not see other aircraft.

Can you also verify that you don’t have any other multiplayer network plugins installed (swift, xsb, pilot edge, etc)?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Mike Becker 1199239
Posted
Posted

Do you have to edit the plugin configuration in XP11 to show the paths to all the CSL/Bluebird folders? In the video referenced above (thank you), he doesn't go in to that. My CSL structure is same as in the video and I do not see other aircraft either.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Do you have to edit the plugin configuration in XP11 to show the paths to all the CSL/Bluebird folders? In the video referenced above (thank you), he doesn't go in to that. My CSL structure is same as in the video and I do not see other aircraft either.

Have a look here -> http://xpilot.clowd.io/docs#plugin-settings

Richard Åsberg

Nelson Hoffman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you Rich. That video helped, I think I have it working correctly. I do notice that not all the aircraft appear correct (i.e. Delta MD80 at Gatwick) and some of the aircraft appear to drift slowly around the stands, but It sure adds reality to the sim. Many thanks!

Edited by Guest

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

The link for the plugin settings screen does not state how to get to that screen with the paths. THe xpilot plugin does not show up under xp11 pluggins. How do I get to that. The settings button when I launch xpilot is the set microphone etc settings.

The only other pluggin that is third party is the oshkosh ground traffic but I'm not at oshkosh and its not a multiplayer client.

Also, I do not know the .com1 dot command. Please explain. The radios and the transponder work from within xp11 and work with vatsim

Mike Becker 1199239
Posted
Posted

I have my paths setup in the xPilot plugin in X-Plane 11. Do I need to restart the sim or xPilot client? The aircraft still do not show up. I am sitting at KLAX with 6-departures ready and I'm the only one at the airport.

Also, for above, in the client, when you are connected, in the text input box, put .com1 FREQUENCY (replace FREQUENCY with the frequency you want COM1 to be, like this: .com1 125.800 and press ENTER)

[EDIT: I reinstalled the Bluebell CSL files differently this time and aircraft now appear... and there are a LOT of them!]

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

Mike,

Where do you go to enter the paths? I do not see pilot in the xp11 plugins menu and the settings screen from within pilot has no link to paths.

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted (edited)

[EDIT: I reinstalled the Bluebell CSL files differently this time and aircraft now appear... and there are a LOT of them!]

1) Mike, can you expalin how you installed differently.

2) How do you get to the CSL p[aths in xpilot plugin in XP11?

3) when I entered .com1 125.8 the freq does not appear in my sim radio(s) However the freq. all work fine and I can hear and tx to controllers

Edited by Guest

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

Is there a fix to this?

Can you try setting your com frequency by using the .com1 dot command in xPilot? If the frequency doesn’t change in your aircraft, then it’s possible the tcp port is being blocked, which would also cause you to not see other aircraft.

Can you also verify that you don’t have any other multiplayer network plugins installed (swift, xsb, pilot edge, etc)?

.com1 125.8 does not make my radios tune to that freq however my radios when I change them do broadcast on correct freq. How do i unblock the port, what port,

I looked at your link for changing the paths but it doesn't say how to get into that screen. The plugin does not appear within xplane> plugins menu bar. So where do I get that screen?

Appreciate your help.

Jim Deuvall 1451148
Posted
Posted

Fixed: installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015/2017/2019 Redistributable package

It's a combined package that you can download