You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Server Voice room Failure

Anthony Tinant-Deepak 1467

Posted
Posted

Hello, I just installed xPilot, I did everything possible however when I connect I get this error: Voice Room Failed (Connection: Forbidden -) Text works just fine, mic and audio as well. Nothing else is causing issues. How do I fix this?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Are you sure you're using xPilot? This message does not exist anywhere within the xPilot source code. AFV also does not use voice rooms.

Can you upload a screenshot of xPilot showing this message?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Posted
Posted

[17:56:42] Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Okay.. that's a completely different error than what you originally posted.

Have you been able to successfully connect before? If not, you will need to wait for the AFV server to sync with the cert database (runs once a day at 1200z).

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Posted
Posted

I have only been able to connect to text only. Even with the AFV standalone as well.

Lucas Milagre 1346063
Posted
Posted

Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

My ID: 1346063

More than 24hrs waiting

Posted
Posted

I have tried daily as well. I checked my media packs as well. I noticed when I first boot up xPilot, I click settings and the sound bar for my mic is fluctuating meaning that it is receiving audio from my mic. The moment I click connect and it fails, in the settings dialogue box the microphone does not detect any audio. HOWEVER, the sound panel does recognize sound coming from my mic.

Simon Bernt 1138002
Posted
Posted

Same problem here, with the same error message "(Forbidden -)"

ID: 1138002

Mic is working perfectly. I noticed the "TX" remains black when connecting and even when switching to an active frequency. I can't hear anybody, only receiving texts.

EDIT: Sorry, I got the "Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden -)" - Error. I'm gonna post that into the other thread

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Most two common reasons for the "Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden -)" error:

1. Joining or reactivating or changing p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words in the last 24 hours. The database synchronization happens with the FSD servers multiple times a day, but with the AFV server only once a day at 12Z. So if you are unlucky with respect to timing, it's possible that you can log onto the network but not voice.

2. Make sure you're using correct capitalization for your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. The FSD server ignored that, but the AFV server requires correct capitalization, so it's possible that you can log onto the network but not voice if using incorrect capitalization in your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations