You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

mic/audio not working

Lewis Howard

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

I installed the new updated software and did the reset/test of my mic and speakers and everything worked properly according to the test. I can connect to the vatsim network but can only communicate by text only. I set my connection to "transmit and receive voice" just like had with the old version. I chose the same mic button on my yoke I have always used. But the mic and speakers do not work. I keep getting an error message "voice room 2 failed". The "T" does not appear in the upper left hand side of my monitor like it used to do when I was transmitting. I tried using a keyboard key for transmitting instead of a button on my yoke but it still doesn't work. Help!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It's because XSquawkBox will no longer be handling the audio. A separate, Standalone AFV client will. You can ignore any audio-related messages coming directly from XSquawkBox from here forward, until a version is released which supports the new voice system in an integrated fashion.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Thanks Robert. How can I get the Standalone AFV client?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 months later...
Michael Cyers
Posted
Posted
It's because XSquawkBox will no longer be handling the audio. A separate, Standalone AFV client will. You can ignore any audio-related messages coming directly from XSquawkBox from here forward, until a version is released which supports the new voice system in an integrated fashion.

Is that version 1.3.3 or the beta release?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Version 2+ has the new voice system built in -- no need to run a separate voice client with that.

I don't believe that had been released yet at the time of the above writings.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png