You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[RESOLVED] Authentication failed : x-plane 11 - xsquawkbox

Robin Meads

Robin Meads
Posted
Posted (edited)

I operate a 737-800 zibo on x-plane11 and have been using vatsim for some time, thru xsquawbox on a windows 10 gaming PC. I have downloaded the Audio for vatsim add on and completed the settings on it.

I have set up x-plane 11 at an airport, then connected to vatsim by clicking on the xsquawkbox plugin (It still requires me to choose a server and rejects if there are more than 12 users on line). I can see the text traffic. I then open Audio for vatsim and it comes up with the Com1 & Com2 settings correctly as per the on board settings including my vatsim ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. I then click on Connect in Audio for Vatsim. I then get an error saying "Authentication failed. Check Vatsim Username (ID) & p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word". I have checked my inputs several times, upper / lower case etc. The ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word are exactly the same as those used to access vatsim itself, but I keep getting the error.

Edited by Guest

Mariol Romeroa 1449015
Posted
Posted

I'm Having the same problem, squawbox connects well, but the vatsim audio standalone app does not accept the username or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. I know the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is correct. I tried to use xpilot instead of squawbox, but I also have connection problems, when pressing connect, an unhandled error appears. Please Help, I can't use vatsim anymore

Robin Meads
Posted
Posted

Hmm I am an idiot !

I had previously changed my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, but retained the original. Having sent a "Forgot my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word" on the vatsim website, I now have the correct one. i have input this in the Audio for Vatsim settings and I am now connected !! Rubbish in , rubbish out.

Try Forgot p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word Mariol.

Mariol Romeroa 1449015
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I did that yesterday, I will try the new p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word today.

• 2 months later...
Jean-Pierre Desseaux 11296
Posted
Posted

Hello I lost my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word how to find it

thank you in advance

X-Plane 11 on Mac XSquawkBox

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted
Hello I lost my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word how to find it

thank you in advance