You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPILOT Jardesign A320 not detecting radio's?

Nathan vandevoorde 1395571

Posted
Posted

So,

I am using the jardesign a320, with the XPILOT, but it doesnt work... I turn on the APU, align IRS etc, and when I turn on the radio's it still doesnt detect it... Currently it's like this:

http://prntscr.com/pk5td4

And I have the radio's turned on:

http://prntscr.com/pk5u1q

None of the "radio select"buttons are clickable only the ones to select VHF1 etc.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Please, read the xPilot forum. I've moved this thread to the corresponding section.

Me.

Posted
Posted
Please, read the xPilot forum. I've moved this thread to the corresponding section.

Thank you for changing it to XPILOT Nestor... Seems like we end up in the same places...(Hopefully you remember me from Vatspa, and the Beta discord, and now here...) always nice to see you!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

You keep following me everywhere, man! ;P

Me.

Posted
Posted
You keep following me everywhere, man! ;P

Yeah, you just appear wherever I go to

Andrey Belov 1467550
Posted
Posted

I am JD320 developer. We can resolve this issue together.

With our radio we are reading/wrighting default XP radio dataref (I hope XPilot doing the same), so if your XPilot providing this dataref with updated frequency or read them all should work correctly. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the plugin can read some extra datarefs for example:

sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com1

sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com2

sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out

so to read status of current receiver/transmitter. On our latest airplane version you can control them by AMP panel. Those. I don’t see the problems yet. Perhaps some other checks (datarefs read) from the plugin, but here I need feedback from the XPilot developer to understand the issue.

59639953fb7c.jpg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply, Andrey.

Does the below look correct for your aircraft?

- TX is determined by sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out (6 for COM1, 7 for COM2)

- RX for COM1 is determined by sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com1

- RX for COM2 is determined by sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com2

Also, what datarefs are you using for master battery and avionics power?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Andrey Belov 1467550
Posted
Posted
Thanks for your reply, Andrey.

Does the below look correct for your aircraft?

- TX is determined by sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out (6 for COM1, 7 for COM2)

- RX for COM1 is determined by sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com1

- RX for COM2 is determined by sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com2

Also, what datarefs are you using for master battery and avionics power?

Good day, Justin.

Correct. We are using them the same way.

We dont use a lot default electrical datarefs, just maybe sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on=1. If I understand correctly you hide COMs until default master battery and avionics power getting on? Is it correct? What datarefs are you using for such check?

sim/cockpit/electrical/battery_on and sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on?

Or:

sim/cockpit2/electrical/battery_on and sim/cockpit2/switches/avionics_power_on?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Andrey,

xPilot uses sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on to determine if the radios are on and sim/cockpit/electrical/battery_on to determine if the master battery power is on.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Andrey Belov 1467550
Posted
Posted
Andrey,

xPilot uses sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on to determine if the radios are on and sim/cockpit/electrical/battery_on to determine if the master battery power is on.

Is it possible to limit it to sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on only?