You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[RESOLVED] Voice without any Microphone/Headset

Franz Ruettimann

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi

Can we use the audio-client without a microphone/headset and only on voice-receiving through the loudspeakers? If yes, how to set?

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Franz,

in your AFV-settings (when using the AFV standalone program) just select the device that you would like to have the ouput on - in this case your loudspeakers. When using vPilot or any other pilot client that has AFV already integrated, do the same in the audio settings there.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Franz, I'm afraid I can't help with your technical question/problem. But I can tell you this -- posting the same question in multiple threads/forums just slows down the good people that are trying to get to everyone and helping them. It's like making multiple calls to report the same fire/accident/etc. The operator at the other end is trying to answer all of your duplicate calls for the same issue, taking their time away from answering and sending help for other issues. You've asked your question multiple times in multiple threads. Please stop. The good people that are volunteering a huge huge amount of time to help us all will get to all of the questions/issues as quickly as they can. Thank you.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Tim Simpson
Posted
Posted

Franz,

With Xpilot, I noticed that to hear any voice at all, you need to have a microphone plugged in, even if you aren't going to use it, say for example, if you plan on being "receive only."

I struggled with this while initially setting up Xpilot. I plugged in a cheapo mic I have laying around, and bingo.....voice started playing.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
Franz, I'm afraid I can't help with your technical question/problem. But I can tell you this -- posting the same question in multiple threads/forums just slows down the good people that are trying to get to everyone and helping them. It's like making multiple calls to report the same fire/accident/etc. The operator at the other end is trying to answer all of your duplicate calls for the same issue, taking their time away from answering and sending help for other issues. You've asked your question multiple times in multiple threads. Please stop. The good people that are volunteering a huge huge amount of time to help us all will get to all of the questions/issues as quickly as they can. Thank you.

Just do add: A more descriptive title is also VERY helpful . I've changed this one to better explain what to find in the thread.

Me.

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted
Franz,

With Xpilot, I noticed that to hear any voice at all, you need to have a microphone plugged in, even if you aren't going to use it, say for example, if you plan on being "receive only."

I struggled with this while initially setting up Xpilot. I plugged in a cheapo mic I have laying around, and bingo.....voice started playing.

Thanks very much for your reply. Yeah thats what i noticed as well and just wanted to have it confirmed. I have to plugin a microphone to be able to hear the voice. I could first not understand why it didnt work.

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted
Hi Franz,

in your AFV-settings (when using the AFV standalone program) just select the device that you would like to have the ouput on - in this case your loudspeakers. When using vPilot or any other pilot client that has AFV already integrated, do the same in the audio settings there.

Hi Andreas

Thank you very much. Actually that what i did, but it didn't work as long as i dont plugin a microphone although i only wanted to use "voice receiving" only.

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

Sorry for that but i had the impression my questions would not be answered anymore since other ones were answered more faster and my thread disappeared on the second page. So i made another thread so that the subject can be more visible again. Thanks for your help.