You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to transmit on Com2

Robert Lee

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted

Beta update channel. PMDG 747-400. Com2 shows as receiving and highlighted in blue. When I move the MIC to the VHF R in the PMDG 747 though the transmit on vpilot never lights up. I can receive but not transmit on the second. Bob

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted

Oceanic is having trouble sending me a SELCAL test it shows up in the chat window as a message from the controller there is no audio playing. Is my vPilot not working should I attempt a clean install?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, a clean install won't affect any of this.

I don't know the PMDG 747 so I can't help with that, maybe someone else can. If you want to be sure that vPilot is working correctly, you should be able to switch to TX on COM2 using the ".com 2" command.

As for the SELCAL, when you connected, did you specify the SELCAL code correctly? And is it appearing in your flight plan remarks when viewed by the controller?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
No, a clean install won't affect any of this.

I don't know the PMDG 747 so I can't help with that, maybe someone else can. If you want to be sure that vPilot is working correctly, you should be able to switch to TX on COM2 using the ".com 2" command.

As for the SELCAL, when you connected, did you specify the SELCAL code correctly? And is it appearing in your flight plan remarks when viewed by the controller?

I will try the command later thanks and yes I double checked the SELCAL and logged back in to be sure. SELCAL is correct just not receiving a ding it is only a text message in the chat window from the controller.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you show me a screenshot of your connect window showing the SELCAL code and a screenshot of the SELCAL message from the controller in the messages tab?

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
Can you show me a screenshot of your connect window showing the SELCAL code and a screenshot of the SELCAL message from the controller in the messages tab?

Please disregard the com2 I have to activate the MIC on both radios for com2 to work right, user error, sorry!

for the SELCAL here is what the vpilot window showed, line 3 was the controller mixing up callsigns

https://i.imgur.com/XlddzsJ.jpg

and my login screen

https://i.imgur.com/vAuAv1p.jpg

I have not had this selcal issue before and I took part in oceanic tests and it worked for me then. Just not today with the new codec officially rolled out. Thank you. Bob

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The controller is using SELCAL incorrectly. SELCAL messages are not directed to a specific callsign. He needs to send "SELCAL KS-JR" and NOT "DLH426, SELCAL KS-JR".

Note that this is the way it's always been, has nothing to do with the AFV rollout. It's just a coincidence that you ran into a controller that isn't using SELCAL correctly right after the AFV rollout.

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
The controller is using SELCAL incorrectly. SELCAL messages are not directed to a specific callsign. He needs to send "SELCAL KS-JR" and NOT "DLH426, SELCAL KS-JR".

Note that this is the way it's always been, has nothing to do with the AFV rollout. It's just a coincidence that you ran into a controller that isn't using SELCAL correctly right after the AFV rollout.

Roger sorry to waste your time thank you for explaining it!