You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Other Aircraft Tags only

DeVon Coleman

DeVon Coleman
Posted
Posted

Hello all I am having issues with my xPilot not showing other aircraft. Their tags will show but no aircraft is showing. I verified that I downloaded and updated the files in the CSL list; xplane 11 has the path to the resources enabled X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL; AI aircraft is set to 12; max aircraft 50, distance 25, and show aircraft labels checkmarked; What am i missing?

Thank you in Advance,

DC

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Doublecheck if XSB or any other clients are deleted/remove from the plugin folder

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

Yes i am having the same problem, all aircrafts are sunken into the ground

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Put all the folders from this link into your main CSL folders: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ce1eIVJm-FdBLWggyi6aOIBnaua-Dg7m/view

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Dusko Ozegovic 1350851
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have a same issue with just tags... during landing i see aircraft fall in to ground.

palmi fannar 1092525
Posted
Posted

Put all the folders from this link into your main CSL folders: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ce1eIVJm-FdBLWggyi6aOIBnaua-Dg7m/view

Hello

I've tried this and I'm still having the same problem

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted

same, even with the offset file I have this problem

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

What you are seeing is that the aircraft are underground and only appear when they take off. There is a vertical offset issue.

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted
What you are seeing is that the aircraft are underground and only appear when they take off. There is a vertical offset issue.

Yes but its only happening since v 1.1.0.4, the version 1.1.0.2 it was okay

Denis Shestakov
Posted
Posted

I do confirm the same issue with the last update.

The previous versions were okay. I also have offsets tuned correctly.

Martin Liebisch 1261473
Posted
Posted

same here with the new version, before it was fine

Albrecht Klare 1222894
Posted
Posted

The same problem in my installation: Tags only. No aircraft in sight. CSL is installed and shown under settings in x-plane. ATC is perfect, but without seeing other aircrafts flying don´t make any sense.

I tried to install version 1.1.05 hoping this problem will be solved but I get the follwing message:

Error opening file for writing:

C :\Users\[username]\Desktop\X- Plane11 \Resources\pIugins\xPiIot\win_x64\xpiIot.xpI

Click Abort to stop the Installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file.

Don´t know what is going on here!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
The same problem in my installation: Tags only. No aircraft in sight. CSL is installed and shown under settings in x-plane. ATC is perfect, but without seeing other aircrafts flying don´t make any sense.

I tried to install version 1.1.05 hoping this problem will be solved but I get the follwing message:

C :\Users\[username]\Desktop\X- Plane11 \Resources\pIugins\xPiIot\win_x64\xpiIot.xpI

Click Abort to stop the Installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file.

You need to close X-Plane when updating xPilot, otherwise it can’t update the plugin. Try that and report back.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Albrecht Klare 1222894
Posted
Posted

You need to close X-Plane when updating xPilot, otherwise it can’t update the plugin. Try that and report back.

Thank you for your answer. You may be quite right. Not knowing what propose I started xpilot as admin, so the update from 1.1.04 to 1.1.05 started properly. And: It works. And: I see the tags. And: I see the other aircrafts. So I don´t what was at last the reason for the solution. Let´s see what tomorrow brings. But for now it is splendid!

DeVon Coleman
Posted
Posted
Doublecheck if XSB or any other clients are deleted/remove from the plugin folder

Do you think world traffic might be a factor? Currently I have it enabled in the plugins

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Do you think world traffic might be a factor? Currently I have it enabled in the plugins

Two thoughts:

1) probably yes.

2) try it and see, and report back your findings!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 2 weeks later...
DeVon Coleman
Posted
Posted

So it looks like I resolved my issue; few tips i figured out:

I used the Bluebell CSL downloads - extracted them and placed them in the CSL folder for xpilot. What I did incorrectly was the I unzipped the files directly to this path and renamed the initial folders. After that I copied over the correction files to the renamed folders, then it dawned on me that the correction file wasn't updating or overwriting any information. Once I dug a little deeper into the files and copied the files from within the extracted files copied those files into the CSL root ran the correction file and the files updated. Ran xplane and now I can see aircraft models and they are showing as expected. Thank you everyone for your help!!!!!!!!