You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

DH at VHHX/IGS 13

Tristan Hancock

Tristan Hancock
Posted
Posted

Greetings!

In preparation for this weekends VHHX event, I decided to prepare by reading the charts etc.

Sadly Navigraph doesn't offer the charts but only the FMS data (which I find odd but I'm sure they have their reasons).

The charts are quite dated (obviously) and I seem unable to find the DH (The point is indicated in the vertical profile but not the actual height/altitude)?

If I understand the Warning briefing text correctly, then there isn't an actual DH? Instead the MM is a MAP (which makes sense since it isn't a straight in approach). If this is the case then I am confused as to why they would name it DH instead of MAP? Is this how they used to do it back in the "old days"?

Thank you in advance.

bwV8FZ2.png

Tristan Hancock

Chief Operating Officer

d6XDSNa.png

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Hi Tristan,

yes, it is a pity that Navigraph doesn't include them in their charts cloud. However, keep in mind that the old Kaitak Airport has been closed for more than 20 years now.

Nevertheless, the charts that you can find our website were handmade by local controllers. So, not everything might be clear at first sight.

DH is 660ft which you can find below the MSA

003hpjil.png

See you tomorrow

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Tristan Hancock
Posted
Posted

Thx for the reply!

Interesting so the Obstacle Clearance Limit is the DH? This is the first time I see that in a chart.

Upon doing some further research in some ATPL manuals it does infact seem that OCL is/was used as an alternative to DH MDH/MDA etc.

Thanks.

Tristan Hancock

Chief Operating Officer

d6XDSNa.png