You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Move to xPilot: xPilot Doesn't connect

harry edwards

harry edwards
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I've just installed XPilot and about to fly, all my ports are fine, but then it can't connect to Xplane, Audio for Vatsim and Xpilot. I'm not sure why

Can someone help? Thanks

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Can you give us anything to go on? Step by step what are you installing / clicking on / doing? What error messages occur, what happens?

My crystal ball is running a bit empty after 5 days of post launch support

Cheers

Gary

harry edwards
Posted
Posted

So, I'm using a network, with XPWideclient and when I launch into xplane, no matter on the host pc or the client pc, it still does it

harry edwards
Posted
Posted

The error message that comes up is that it can't connect to X-Plane, and I have X-Plane closed when its being installed etc. I am following the instructions correctly

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I don't want to speculate but pls check again requirements for xPilot, am I not correct that any other connect SW/plugin need to be disabled/removed prior xPilot working? I can imagine this situation of blocking access maybe...

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

harry edwards
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have no other addons like Xsqwuakbox, Better pushback, but that makes no difference. Should I uninstall XUIPC?

Edited by Guest

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Harry,

prior do this I should be contact PeteD maybe but if removing isn't pain for you (maybe then again install it), try that. But I expect also XPWideClient you have for connection from external PC, am I right? So I don't know, you need wideClient for some this reason but make also test with removing this service. Then try xPilot...

Update: eeeeh and you want start xPilot from PC where is XP or from external? I asking because I see that xp wideclient. I don't know if xPilot can be used from external PC as XP is installed...

OM-ICO

Edited by Guest

OM-ICO

harry edwards
Posted
Posted

I have tested without it just now, nothing. Do you know how I could contact Pete D?

harry edwards
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure, but I've had this error come up with regards to the configuration file? Where is that?

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I just recommend help from PeteD only in case of problems with install/uninstall because I think Pete will also recommend contact dev of xPilot, logically. Can you pls post info from my update of previous post? Maybe this can be for sure to know...

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

eeehm sry because gary asked some steps what you did, pls check his post. In second, sry again, you start xPilot from PC where you have XPlane or want start xPilot from external PC?

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

harry edwards
Posted
Posted

Right, I want it to connect on my client pc, not my host pc. But on both pc's, it can;'t connect